This is the most beautiful, vibrant salad you’ll ever meet that also aligns with the Whole30 diet! There is such an intriguing combination of flavors and textures and you’ll want to eat it every single day.
We have had some sunny, HOT days this week here in Minnesota and I love it! Giggles have been gushing from my front yard as my boys squirt each other with cold water and run around in soaked swimsuits. I think I can safely say that we Minnesotans appreciate summer more than most. Aside from maybe Alaskans and Russians.
Almost every day for the past two weeks I have prepared myself a salad for lunch, as it seems like such a summerly thing to do. Usually my salads include lettuce, avocados, tomatoes and turkey or chicken. The other day I was plumb out of meat, so I added berries and pickles (gasp!) instead. Like artichokes and cream cheese, I could add pickles to just about anything. You won’t hurt my feelings if you pass on the pickles, although it made this salad darn tasty in my opinion. I stole that saying from my five-year-old. He says, “That carrot was darn ishy,” or “This sucker is darn yummy.”
ps. Thank you all so much for the happy, positive comments on my last post. I have LOVED reading through them! Keep ’em coming! 🙂
Most of the time I use my low-cal balsamic vinaigrette purchased from the grocery store, but every once in a while I like making my own dressing. It puts any salad over the top, and it really is so easy to throw together.
Enjoy this darn delicious salad, friends!
Avocado Berry Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 4 cups Romaine and/or iceberg lettuce rinsed and chopped
- 8-10 large strawberries hulled and sliced
- 1/2 pint blueberries rinsed
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and chopped
- 8 oz. container cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup chopped pickles (optional)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Divide the salad ingredients between two large serving bowls.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salads and toss. Serve immediately!