Introducing the perfect marriage of sandwiches! Philly cheesesteak + grilled cheese = ahhhhmazing!
We are falling in love with Montana. It’s just like Minnesota (ha)…exceeeeppt there are breathtaking mountains everywhere you look, the mosquito population is a fraction of the size and the humidity is non-existent. So basically, it’s perfect. I can just imagine the townships of mosquitoes residing in our back yard in MN, anxiously awaiting our return so they can suck gallons of blood from our bodies. We have a handful of days left here and we plan to enjoy every mosquitoless moment!
We have been making the BEST RV food on this trip and I hope you’ve been following me on Instagram, catching the recipes and trip updates. This grilled cheese sandwich isn’t something I’ve made on this trip, but I sure wish it was sitting in front of me! It is the perfect sandwich marriage and comfort food. Dan and I swooned over this one! Cooking it gets a bit messy, but it is oohhhhh so worth the mess.
Enjoy your Sunday! Thank you so much for being here, friends!
After you devour this sandwich, you have to check out a few of my other grilled cheese creations! BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese and Turkey Veggie Grilled Cheese.
Philly Cheesesteak Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 1/2 lb. thin-cut flank or sirloin tip steak strips
- 1 green or red bell pepper stem and seeds removed and cut into strips
- 1/2 small yellow onion thinly sliced
- 12 inch loaf French bread top and bottom removed, sliced down the center lengthwise and then cut in half
- 4 tbsp. salted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup Swiss cheese shredded or 8 slices
- 1 cup provolone cheese shredded or 8 slices
- Warm a skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add steak strips and cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until outsides are browned. Remove from heat and set aside. Cover to keep warm. Add the pepper strips and onion slices to the skillet and cook for 4 minutes, or until just soft. Place pepper-onion mixture in a bowl and cover to keep warm. Keep the skillet on the burner over medium heat.
- Place the bread slices on a flat work surface. Spread 1 tablespoon of butter evenly over one side of each slice of bread.
- Place two of the bread slices onto the hot skillet, butter side down. Top one slice with 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese (or 2 slices) and the other with 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese (or 2 slices). Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until the cheese begins to melt around the edges.
- Using a spatula, move the bread from the skillet back to the work surface. Top the Swiss cheese with 1/2 of the steak, 1/2 of the pepper-onion mixture and the other cheesy bread slice, cheese side down. Repeat this process with remaining ingredients. Cut in half and serve!
Leave a Reply