Double the comfort by combining spaghetti & meatballs and a gooey grilled cheese sandwich! If you do not have time to prepare spaghetti and meatballs especially for this recipe, wait until you have leftovers!
I am cozied up in a coffee shop this morning while my boys are off to their second day in a brand new school. Coffee shops are my favorite place to work and I have a delicious latte sitting next to me, so I’m a happy girl!
I still have a handful of grilled cheese sandwich recipes that I need to share and this one was practically exploding right out of my computer. It is comfort food overload with the pasta and sauce and meatballs, oozing out of a gooey grilled cheese sandwich. YUM! Next time you have leftover spaghetti on your hands, or…well, hopefully it’s actually in your fridge, you have to make this. It’ll change your life.
Here’s a quick and easy way to make quick and easy spaghetti sauce and meatballs in a slow cooker: Crockpot Spaghetti and Meatballs
Check out some other grilled cheese creations here.
Have a good day, my friends! Thank you so much for peeking in here today.
Spaghetti and Meatballs Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 4 tbsp. salted butter at room temperature
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded or 8 slices
- 2 cups spaghetti noodles cooked, warmed
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce warmed
- 6 meatballs cooked, warmed
- 4 tbsp. Parmesan cheese grated
- Warm a skillet over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Place the bread slices on a flat work surface. Spread 1 tablespoon of butter evenly over one side of each slice of bread.
- Place two of the bread slices onto the hot skillet, butter side down. Top each with 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or 2 slices). Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until the cheese begins to melt around the edges.
- Using a spatula, move the bread from the skillet back to the work surface. Top one of the slices with: 1 cup spaghetti, 1/4 cup sauce, 3 meatballs, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and the other cheesy slice of bread, cheese side down. Repeat this process with remaining ingredients. Cut in half and serve!
Leave a Reply