EASY Spaghetti and Meatballs, prepared right in your slow cooker! Let the sauce simmer with the flavors of the vegetables and spices while you get through your day. Add it to a heaping pile of warm pasta. This family favorite recipe makes a perfect weeknight dinner!
I get lazier as I age. I don’t have time for complicated things, especially in the kitchen. This realization has created a new love between my crockpot and me. 2015 might just go down as being the year of the crockpot. In the past week I have adapted three of my favorite stovetop/oven recipes and transformed them into slow cooker sensations. Just like my apple obsession last fall, I am kitchen-smitten once again. I hope you enjoy this super easy version of spaghetti and meatballs! If you want to check out another delicious Spaghetti Sauce peek at this recipe. But you can make Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce for this recipe and you’ll enjoy it immensely! And if you ever have leftover spaghetti noodles, this Spruced-Up Spaghetti is a great way to use them up!
Heat olive oil in a skillet and add onion, bell pepper, parsley, garlic, jalapeños (optional, but Dan and I LOVED the zing), sugar and Italian seasoning.
Cook until veggies are soft.
Add them, along with meatballs, tomato sauce and pasta sauce to a crockpot.
Cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours or High for 4 to 5 hours. Serve over cooked spaghetti noodles and sprinkle with Parmesan.
Happy new year, by the way! May this year bring many blessings your way!
Easy Crockpot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Crock Pot
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 29 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 24 oz. jar pasta sauce
- 22 oz. package frozen meatballs
- 16 oz. package spaghetti cooked to al dente
- Grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, parsley, garlic, jalapenos (if using), sugar and Italian seasoning. Cook, stirring frequently, until veggies are soft, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked veggies to a crockpot, along with the tomato sauce, pasta sauce and meatballs. Cook on Low heat for 7 to 8 hours or High heat for 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti noodles and top with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!