Delicious soup does not have to be difficult! This Slow Cooker Chicken Wild Rice Soup tastes like the real deal, but requires half the effort. Creamy, rich, satisfying and filled with texture, this will be a great addition to your dinner rotation!
Some dear friends came to my house earlier this week and they drove great distances to get here. I wanted to have a satisfying and delicious lunch waiting for them, but I had about a million other things going on that morning so EASY was a must. I chopped the veggies the night before (took 20 minutes tops) and the following morning I literally just dumped everything into my crockpot and went about my morning. This recipe requires NO STOVETOP, which I love.
WATCH THIS QUICK VIDEO TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN WILD RICE SOUP IN YOUR CROCK POT
Enjoy the step-by-step video tutorial we have created for this recipe! Our goal is to make your time in the kitchen as easy as possible and to ensure that your version of this recipe is a success. See our full collection of cooking and baking videos on YouTube!
You might be thinking, But.. how does it taste?! I thought you’d never ask! I promise no one will ever know that this is the cheater’s version of Chicken Wild Rice Soup. Because it is so easy that you will feel like you’re cheating. But the taste! Oh-my-gosh, the taste! It is creamy, flavorful, satisfying, packed with textures and it is dee-licious. The cheater part is our tasty little secret. I give you permission to make it seem like you have slaved in the kitchen all day long.
It was a hit at my girls’ lunch, in case you’re wondering.
I’m off to heat up a bowl for lunch! Enjoy! Have a great rest of your week, friends!
Crockpot Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Crock Pot
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cup celery sliced
- 1 1/2 cups carrots sliced
- 8 oz. container mushrooms rinsed and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 48 oz. chicken broth
- 2 10.5 oz. cans cream of potato soup
- 1 tbsp. seasoned salt
- 2 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (suggestion: pull meat from a Rotisserie chicken)
- 1 pint half and half
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley for topping
- In a 6.5-quart slow cooker, combine the wild rice, onion, carrots, celery, mushrooms, garlic, chicken broth, cream of potato soup and seasoned salt. Mix well and cook on Low heat for 8 hours or High heat for 4 hours.
- Thirty minutes before cooking time is up, add shredded chicken and half & half. Mix well and cook for the remaining 30 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and top with parsley!
4 hrs cooking (HIGH) or 8 hrs (LOW)