Great side dish for any meal, but fish and chips is my preference!
I shared the recipe for fried walleye the other day that I received from my relatives from the North. Now I will share a simple wild rice side dish from those same generous people! Thank you, Dolores, for sharing your Northern Minnesotan recipes!
In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil over medium heat.
3 large celery stalks, sliced
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until soft.
In a large bowl, combine:
Cooked celery and onions
2 cups cooked wild rice, warmed
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Mix well and serve warm!
This is so easy to make, and it is a great simple side for a main dish that is bursting with flavor.
Wild Rice with Celery and Onions
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large celery stalks sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 cups wild rice cooked, warmed
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the celery and onions and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until soft.
- Place the cooked celery and onions in a large bowl along with the wild rice and butter. Stir until combined. Add salt and pepper and mix well. Serve warm.