Turn Antipasto Salad into a delicious finger food! Add pieces of Italian meat or cheese can be threaded onto the skewers for a tasty snack. These Antipasto Skewers are easy to prepare and they’re great as an appetizer or party food.
My boys and I are spending quality time together at home today. It’s a bittersweet one. My dad and stepmom have just left after almost a week together. We miss them and we miss the action-packed holiday season we just experienced. On the other hand, we are thinking back on this year and the many many blessings we’ve received. Thinking ahead, this new year brings many exciting possibilities. I think this time every year is a crossroads for most. Think back, think ahead and appreciate what’s sitting in your lap.
After the commotion of the past few weeks, we are all preferring a tame New Year’s Eve. Call us lame, but this is pretty much always the case for us. Staying in today and tonight seems wonderful. Maybe we will stay up till almost midnight? Does that count? One thing I’m looking forward to is nibbling on these delicious Antipasto Skewers. I’ve been wanting to make these for so long because I LOVE every morsel of food involved.
We tested these out yesterday and I could hardly keep my meat, cheese, mushroom and artichoke-loving fingers off them.
WATCH THIS VIDEO TO SEE HOW EASILY THESE ANTIPASTO APPETIZERS COME TOGETHER!
HOW TO MAKE ANTIPASTO SKEWERS
In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, parsley, Mozzarella, mushrooms and artichokes. Mix well.
Skewer all ingredients until gone, making sure to put 1-2 of each on each skewer. Wrap in foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. THAT’S IT!
- Substitute olive oil with Italian salad dressing, if desired.
- Allow the ingredients to marinate for a few hours or overnight for a more concentrated flavor before skewering them.
- If you use cheese tortellini for this recipe, be sure to cook tortellini according to package directings first. Rinse in cold water and let cool.
- These are great for party appetizers or even adding to your kids lunch boxes. You can make them ahead of time and keep them in the fridge until ready to serve. They are perfect served at room temperature. They also make great picnic or potluck items!
- The recipe as it’s written makes a lot of food. You’ll be able feed 12-15 hungry people, so modify quantities as needed.
WHAT FOODS CAN BE USED IN THIS RECIPE
It’s fun to have different colors, shapes and flavors in mind as you select ingredients. Simply create a pattern with your ingredients as you add them to the wooden skewers.
Ingredients to choose from are salami, pepperoni, grape tomatoes, any color of bell peppers, chicken chunks, artichoke pieces, fresh baby mozzarella balls, cooked tortellini or cubed mild cheese such as colby or pepper jack. Basil leaves, black and green olives, shrimp, onions, marinated veggies, prosciutto or tortellini make great options, too.
WHAT FLAVORS CAN BE ADDED TO THE SKEWERS?
- If you’d like a theme, you could make Greek Antipasto Skewers with any combination of feta cheese chunks, garlic cloves, cucumber, Kalamata, bell peppers, olives and/or cherry tomatoes.
- A Mediterranean theme similarly would be cold chunks of chicken, peppers, red onions, fire-roasted tomatoes, Kalamata olives, fresh mozzarella and/or marinated artichoke hearts.
- Balsamic Glaze, Teriyaki Glaze and Italian dressing, olive oil with Italian or Greek spices mixed in or Greek yogurt with lemon and spices make great options for topping or dipping your skewers if you want to dress them up.
WHAT TO SERVE AT A PARTY
I LOVE party food, so you have come to the right place if you are looking for recipes to make for your next gathering. Here are some options for you that will be easy, delicious and crowd-pleasing!
- Fruit Pizza – The classic, crowd-pleasing Fruit Pizza has a cookie dough crust, dreamy cream cheese frosting and a colorful top layer of fruit and a tasty glaze. Great appetizer/dessert for parties of any kind, any time of the year!
- Taco Ranch Pasta Salad – This delicious pasta salad gets totally devoured at gatherings, no matter the season.
- Sausage Cheese Dip – Sausage Cheese Dip is easy to make (let your crockpot do the work for you!), cheesy, flavorful and totally irresistible! Serve as an appetizer at your next party and it won’t last long. Only 6 ingredients required for this delicious party food!
- 7-Layer Taco Dip – This is the best 7-Layer Taco Dip you’ll ever meet! It’s the perfect appetizer and party food and it is always the first thing to get devoured.
- Crockpot Meatballs – These require only a few ingredients with only a few minutes of prep. They are SO EASY to make, totally packed with delicious flavor and great for game-day parties or holidays. Let your slow cooker do all of the work for you!
- Spinach Artichoke Dip – This hot Spinach Artichoke Dip is a party staple! People always get excited about this dip and its so easy to make! It’s a filling, cheesy snack or appetizer that you can put on pita squares, crackers or chips. Let your slow cooker do all of the work for you!
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 8 oz mozzarella pearls
- 9 oz whole mushrooms in a jar drained
- 14 oz artichokes drained
- 8 oz colby jack cheese cubed
- 4 oz genoa salami sliced
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes
- 4.75 oz Spanish olives pitted
- 4.75 oz Kalamata olives pitted
- In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, parsley, Mozzarella, mushrooms and artichokes. Mix well.
- Skewer all ingredients until gone, making sure to put 1-2 of each on each skewer. Wrap in foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.