Breakfast just got EASY! Throw this overnight oatmeal together at night and breakfast will be ready by the time you wake up! Fruit and extras can be changed up, as desired.
Original post: June 2014 | Updated: December 2020
Easy food is imperative this time of year. Breakfasts especially need to be easy in our home because mornings are crazed, no matter how many people are stuck at home! If you are in the same boat, simplify breakfast for your family by making a few jars of this delicious and filling overnight oatmeal!
Throw just a few ingredients into half-pint mason jars before heading to bed and in the morning, breakfast will be ready in a matter of minutes. This is something I do A LOT during hectic months.
WATCH HOW TO CUT UP A MANGO IN THIS TUTORIAL VIDEO
HOW TO MAKE OVERNIGHT OATMEAL
Half-pint mason jars are the perfect size for these beauties, so clean a few out and fill each with:
- Oats (rolled or steel cut)
- Chia seeds
- Chopped fruit (see below for ideas)
- “Extras” (see below for ideas)
Screw the lids on tight and place in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, empty the contents into a bowl and microwave for 1 minute (optional).
With very minimal effort, a healthy, delicious breakfast is served!
RECIPE NOTES: OVERNIGHT OATMEAL
- Fresh fruit: bananas, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, mangos or cherries.
- Extras: dried cherries, raisins, honey, cinnamon, vanilla or almond extract.
- Replace milk with almond milk, if desired.
OTHER DELICIOUS BREAKFAST OPTIONS
- Make Homemade Bagels using only 5 ingredients and in 20 minutes from start to finish! NO YEAST or rising or waiting required. Soft, flavorful and taste great with savory or sweet toppings.
- I love sprinkling Everything But the Bagel Seasoning over the tops of my bagels!
- You have just met your new go-to Blueberry Muffins! They turn out great every time, they are moist and totally packed with blueberries. These are the PERFECT treat to adorn your brunch spread!
- Breakfast Pizza – Like brunch itself, this recipe is a combo of two types of meals, making it the perfect brunch fare. Pizza combined with eggs, spinach, bacon and goat cheese? Yes, please!
- I have been making (and perfecting) this Breakfast Casserole for YEARS and it is one of my all-time favorite breakfast foods. This is perhaps my favorite thing ever to make for brunches. It is a massive hit every single time!
- Transform French Toast into a Mixed Berry Croissant Breakfast Bake! The croissants add such a delicious buttery texture. Let it sit in the fridge overnight so it is ready to bake the next day!
Overnight Oatmeal Recipe
- 1/4 cup oats (rolled or steel cut)
- 2 tsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup Chopped fruit of your liking (choose from: bananas, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, mangos, cherries)
- 1/2 cup Add “extras,” if desired (choose from: dried cherries, raisins, honey, cinnamon, vanilla extract)
- Place all ingredients in a half-pint mason jar. Screw lid on and place in refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, pour contents into a bowl and microwave for 1 minute (optional). Serve!
It makes me crave by just looking at those pictures!
Do you cook the oats first? Or put them in "raw" and uncooked?