Delivering you an extensive roundup of ideas about what to do with leftover spaghetti! Hoping these creative ideas will inspire you to use up last night’s dinner.
What To Do With Leftover Spaghetti
- Leftover spaghetti noodles can be reheated on the stove top with a bit of olive oil. Many different savory sauces can breathe life into them including alfredo sauce, marinara sauce, chipotle sauce, teriyaki sauce or garlic parmesan sauce.
- Tuck spaghetti leftovers into party sliders to create a delicious spaghetti sandwich.
- Toss leftovers with veggies (bell peppers or mushrooms), meat and cheese and bake in the oven to create a delicious baked spaghetti dinner.
- Turn leftovers into a spaghetti salad. Add meat, olives, cherry tomatoes, cheese and dressing of your choice!
- Replace egg noodles in this ground beef casserole with spaghetti noodles.
- Top spaghetti squash with a layer of spaghetti and cheese and bake in the oven.
- Another spaghetti boat option is to add leftovers to the top of halved zucchini and bake until warm.
- Cut a loaf of French bread in half lengthwise. Top with garlic powder, butter and an even layer of prepared spaghetti. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake until bread is golden brown around the edges and pasta is warmed through.
- Leftover noodles can also be added to the top of garlic bread slices and toasted in the oven until warm.
- Use spaghetti noodles in place of any variety of pasta to create a spin on other types of Italian food.
- Add leftovers to a skillet along with peppers, diced tomatoes and olive oil. Cook over medium heat until warmed through.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and press leftovers firmly into each cup. Top with a layer of cheese and bake for about 15 minutes, or until edges are crispy and cheese is melty.
- Another good option is to turn leftover spaghetti into a spaghetti bake.
- Beef up a sandwich with spaghetti grilled cheese sandwich.
- Add extra pasta to your next egg bake.
- Use as a delicious baked potato topping.
- Turn last night’s pasta into spaghetti pie! Transfer cooked pasta to a pie plate and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Prepare fried leftover spaghetti by adding leftovers to a frying pan and tossing with oil of choice, such as olive oil or sesame oil.
- Enjoy turning a classic pasta dish into a finger food with spaghetti cakes.
- Use as a taco filling. Top with melted cheese and hot sauce!
- Pile it on top of nachos for a yummy twist! Don’t forget the mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese and taco sauce!
- Spaghetti boats are such a great way to to ensure both adults and kids will love coming to the dinner table.
- Enjoy brunch with a hearty leftover spaghetti frittata that’s sure to fill you up.
- Turn your leftover spaghetti into million dollar spaghetti for layered deliciousness.
- Transform this traditional meal into spaghetti pizza! Use traditional pizza sauce or garlic and oil as a base.
Best Pasta Recipes
- Want to switch up spaghetti night? Swap out a jar of spaghetti sauce with alfredo sauce instead!
- This easy crockpot spaghetti and meatballs recipe is made right in your slow cooker! Let the sauce simmer while you accomplish other things around the house. This family favorite recipe makes a perfect weeknight dinner with tons of flavor!
- Simplify a classic dinner favorite by making Instant Pot spaghetti with meat sauce. Everything is cooked in a single pot in just 30 minutes! The noodles cook perfectly every single time and the flavor in this comforting dish is off-the-charts delicious.
- Pizza pasta bake is a pizza, pasta dish and casserole all in one! This is such a popular meal in our family and is loved by ALL. Satisfy your pizza craving by including all the pizza topping favorites you love.
- Crockpot ravioli requires only 6 ingredients, 1 slow cooker and 3 hours of your time. Enjoy a yummy plate of cheesy pasta covered in tasty Italian sauce! This is such an easy recipe that the whole family will love.
- Meet your new favorite lasagna recipe! The hearty layers of meat, ricotta cheese and pasta are so filling and flavorful. Make one pan for tonight and freeze one for next week!
Homemade Pasta Sauce Recipes
Let’s dig into some homemade sauce recipes. Here are a few delicious options to choose from!
- This is the best spaghetti meat sauce you’ll ever meet!
- Using an Instant Pot to cook pasta sauce makes it flavorful and quick to prepare, but tastes like is has simmered on the stove all day. Pour this delicious savory sauce over a pile of cooked noodles!
- Ready for some serious magic? If you’re limited on ingredients and/or time, make this super simple version of pasta sauce made with tomato sauce and just a handful of other ingredients.
- And if you have paste on hand instead of sauce, try this super easy way to turn tomato paste into pasta sauce!
Add Flavor To Pasta Recipes
- Add up to 1/2 cup sour cream or cream cheese for an extra creamy dish.
- Add cooked ham, Italian sausage or bacon crumbles to add flavor and when serving as a main dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and black pepper just before serving!
- Spice up your batch by adding any of the following ingredients: chili powder, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes or diced jalapenos!
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder would be a great addition to the cheese sauce for extra flavor.
How Long Does Pasta Sauce Last
Check out this article for all the information you need to know about storing spaghetti sauce in the fridge and how long you can expect it to stay fresh.
Leave a Reply