Who says you can’t make a cake in a crockpot?!? Chocolate covered cherries never tasted so good!
My boys and I are home from August 2012 Vacation #2. We are settling back into a routine just before school begins. Elijah will start Kindergarten this fall! I cannot think about that without shedding a few tears. The doctors warned us about potential “bad things” before he was born. They said he might not live to see daylight, and if he did that he may not see much of it. Five and a half years later, he is GOING TO KINDERGARTEN! I am a proud mama.
While I was out buying school supplies and shoes and shirts for my oldest boy today, this cake was cooking on my counter top. Two of the Paulas that I know are responsible for this delicious thing. Thank you, Paula, for the inspiration for this recipe, and thank you, Paula, for having a birthday this week! I love you both to pieces!
Generously spray the inside of a crock pot with cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl, combine:
18.25-oz. package chocolate cake mix
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water
Using a hand-held mixer, mix until just combined.
5.9-oz. package instant chocolate pudding mix
11.5-oz. bag milk chocolate chips
Gently combine the ingredients using a spoon.
Pour the mixture into the prepared crock pot.
Sprinkle 1 cup of chopped, pitted Bing cherries over the top.
Cook on high for 4 hours.
Scoop out with a large spoon and serve warm with ice cream and Bing cherries.
Have a delicious, er, great week! For a healthier alternative to use up those bing cherries in your fridge, you will want to try Cherry Gazpacho Salad, trust me, you will want to try it!
Chocolate Cherry Crockpot Cake
- Crock Pot
- 18.25 oz chocolate cake mix package
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 5.9 oz. instant chocolate pudding mix package
- 11.5 oz. milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup Bing cherries chopped and pits removed
- Generously spray the inside of a crock pot with cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl, mix together cake mix, sour cream, vegetable oil, water and eggs with a hand-held mixer until just combined. Stir in the pudding mix and chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Pour mixture into the prepared crock pot. Sprinkle the cherries over top. Cook on high for 4 hours. Serve with ice cream.