Put your zucchini to good use with a healthy version of the tasty french fry! No shortness of tastiness! A perfect aioli sauce goes alongside for the ultimate condiment.
I’m about to prepare a frozen pizza. Don’t judge. But I’m wishing I had saved some of these zucchini fries that I made the other night. Be sure to try my version of seasoned sour cream/aioli. Otherwise, go get some ranch dipping sauce too. That’s never bad.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED ZUCCHINI
First, prepare the zucchini fries. You can make the seasoned sour cream while the fries are baking.
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray or spritz some olive oil and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine:
1/2 cup skim milk
1 large egg
Whisk until combined.
In another shallow bowl, combine:
1/2 cup seasoned panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Cut 2 large zucchinis into 3-inch by 1/2-inch strips.
Coat the zucchini strips with the milk-egg mixture, followed by the breadcrumb-cheese mixture.
Place onto the prepared baking sheet.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown. Serve with…
HOW TO PREPARE DIPPING SAUCE
In a medium bowl, combine:
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
Stir well. .
Fresh Lemon Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (garlic powder works in a pinch)
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Mix well. Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour before serving
You can also serve this dipping sauce with other another vegetable or crackers or on your burger!
To keep this recipe on the healthier side, substitute Greek yogurt for sour cream.
WHEN IS ZUCCHINI READY TO EAT
When ripe, a zucchini should feel mostly firm but give a little when pressed with your fingers. The skin should appear dark green and glossy. The flesh of the zucchini should not be mushy or tough and should have a yellowish-white color.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF ZUCCHINI
Filled with potassium that is heart healthy, it’s also high in antioxidants like Vitamin B6 and C. It’s also great because it has zero fat and has needed fiber for your diet.
OTHER HOMEMADE SAUCES!
Enchilada Sauce – Homemade Enchilada Sauce is more delicious than anything you can buy at the store and it is super easy to make. It only requires a handful of ingredients and is done in 15 minutes, with perfect flavor and consistency.
Arby’s Sauce – A copycat recipe of the famous Arby’s Sauce, this zingy flavorful BBQ style sauce is so delicious
Taco Sauce – Make your own taco sauce to use in a variety of Mexican dishes, such as tacos, burritos and taco salads.
Zucchini Fries with Seasoned Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 large zucchini cut into 3-inch x 1/2-inch strips
Seasoned Sour Cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside. In a small bowl, combine the milk and egg. Mix well. In a separate small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and cheese. Mix well. Coat the zucchini strips with the milk-egg mixture, followed by the breadcrumb-cheese mixture.
- Place the coated zucchini strips onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown. Serve with seasoned sour cream.
Seasoned Sour Cream
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayo and sour cream. Add lemon juice, Worcestershire, parsley, garlic salt, paprika, salt, cayenne pepper and pepper. Mix well and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour before serving.