Creamy Tomato Pasta Skillet is a creamy, comforting dinner that will be on your table in less than 30 minutes! This easy meal is delicious and it is a great option to add to your weekly dinner rotation.
One of the most stressful parts of my day is when I realize I don’t have a dinner plan. Isn’t that the worst? I start frantically tossing things around in my fridge like a crazy woman. I couldn’t feel more accomplished than I do when I manage to pull off a last-minute dinner. This meal, this delicious Creamy Tomato Pasta Skillet, is one that could easily be thrown together at the last minute because it’s likely you already have the ingredients in your kitchen. This is a great option to add to your weekly dinner rotation because it’s easy, I’m talking SO EASY (takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish!) and the flavor is out of this world. It is also filling, comforting and packs in a variety of yummy textures.
How do you make creamy tomato pasta?
I’m glad you asked because there’s not much to it! Scroll to the bottom for the written recipe, but in a nutshell you’ll need to prepare a large box of pasta, cook a few veggies in a skillet, add seasonings and tomatoes, then add the creamy ingredients (cheese, sour cream and heavy cream). Stir until heated through and you’re all done. Dinner will be on the table in 30 minutes! This recipe is a dream!
A few notes about Creamy Tomato Pasta Skillet:
Replace the marinara sauce with spaghetti sauce or an extra can of diced tomatoes, if desired (if that’s all you have on hand).
Replace the medium shells with another variety of pasta that is similar in size (penne, elbow macaroni, bowtie, etc)
I use heavy whipping cream for this recipe, but half and half or whole milk are suitable replacements.
A 10-oz. package of frozen spinach (thawed) can replace the fresh spinach in this recipe.
I know you are going to love this Creamy Tomato Pasta Skillet! Please me leave a comment after you’ve made it. Tell me what you love about it and who you shared it with.
If you’re on a skillet kick (i.e., if you love making easy dinners!), you’ll want to check out these recipes, as well:
Braised Beef Ragu from my friend over at A Gouda Life should definitely be tested out for dinner soon too!
Creamy Tomato Pasta Skillet
- 16 oz. medium pasta shells
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 large handfuls fresh spinach
- 2 14.5 oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half and half (whole milk can be used as a replacement)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Parmesan cheese shaved, for topping (optional)
- Bring a large saucepan filled halfway with water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and spinach. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until spinach begins to wilt and the garlic and onions are fragrant. Add the tomatoes, marinara sauce, Italian seasoning, paprika, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream (or half and half), mozzarella and sour cream and cook until cheese has melted. Add the cooked pasta and cook for an additional 3 minutes, or until ingredients are completely warmed through. Serve immediately and top with Parmesan, if desired.