This is the BEST Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe you will ever taste. Let your Instant Pot create a veggie-packed, cheesy, hearty and comforting dinner that everyone at the table will love. Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup is done in just 20 minutes!
I fell in love with Panera’s version of Broccoli Cheese Soup a few years back. It is total comforting, cheesy perfection, am I right? Immediately I knew I had to replicate it in my own kitchen (because obviously I needed more direct access to it) and this Broccoli Cheese Soup was born. Then this amazing kitchen appliance called the Instant Pot became popular and I knew I had to attempt pressure cooking my favorite soup. And guess what? This recipe is INCREDIBLE. This is one of my favorite recipes made in my Instant Pot thus far. It is cheesy, creamy, savory and totally scrumptious. If are loving your IP, too, please promise me you’ll give this broccoli cheese soup recipe a try!
A Quick Video Tutorial For Making Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
Enjoy the step-by-step video tutorial we have created for this recipe! Our goal is to make your time in the kitchen as easy as possible and to ensure that your version of this recipe is a success. See our full collection of cooking and baking videos on YouTube!
How To Make Broccoli Cheese Soup In An Instant Pot (Panera Style)
Making a delicious, savory broccoli cheese soup in your Instant Pot is super easy and sooo yummy. Follow these simple steps to create your very own Panera copycat!
Set Instant Pot to sauté. Melt the butter. Add garlic and onion sauté for 3 minutes, or until soft and fragrant. Toss in the carrots, celery, salt and pepper and give the mixture a stir. Add the flour and stir until veggies are coated.
Add milk, chicken stock and broccoli to the pot and mix well. Place the cover on the pot and set timer to 5 minutes on high pressure (soup setting). It will take the IP around 10 minutes to build up pressure before it begins cooking.
When cooking is done, do an immediate quick release. Remove cover and add the 3 cups of cheddar cheese. Stir until melted. Ladle the soup into a bowl and sprinkle extra shredded cheese over the top just before serving!
SOUP CONSISTENCY: For a smoother soup consistency, use an immersion blender to puree the mixture. For a chunkier consistency, serve as-is.
BROCCOLI: Feel free to replace fresh broccoli with frozen. No need to thaw first!
CARROTS: If you don’t want to take the time to julienne your carrots, slicing or chopping them will work great in this recipe, as well!
LIQUID SPEWING WARNING: The first time I made this soup, an unexpected stream of soup began spewing out of the valve when I did a quick release. This can occasionally happen when the contents of the Instant Pot are starchy and have become too hot or are foaming inside. If this happens, carefully set the valve back to SEALING and wait 5 minutes before attempting another quick release.
CHEESE: I highly recommend sticking with sharp cheddar cheese for optimal flavor.
GLUTEN-FREE: Transform this broccoli cheese soup into a gluten-free meal by omitting the flour! Easy peasy!
Best Instant Pot Recipes
The list of recipes you can make in an Instant Pot is endless! It can act as a slow cooker, saute pan, steamer, rice maker, yogurt maker and pressure cooker. It can cook soup, chili, pasta, meat, potatoes, veggies, cake, beans and so much more. Here are a few of my favorite Instant Pot dinner recipes:
- You can make this American style Instant Pot Goulash in just 30 minutes!
- Hearty and delicious, packed with veggies, Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is amazing to eat and enjoy on a cold night to warm you up.
- There’s something special about Instant Pot Chili – it’s vacuum packed with flavor!
Instant Pot Ham couldn’t be easier to make!
- Flavor upon flavor comes together in this Tex-Mex Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup.
Other Easy Weeknight Meals
Enjoy this delicious, creamy, Panera-style Broccoli Cheese Soup, my friends. Please stop back and let me know how this recipe turned out for you!
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 large carrots peeled and julienned
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 16 oz chicken stock or broth
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Extra cheddar cheese for topping if desired
- Set Instant Pot to saute. Melt the butter. Add garlic and onion saute for 3 minutes, or until soft and fragrant. Add carrots, celery, salt and pepper and give the mixture a stir. Add the flour and stir until veggies are coated.
- Add milk, chicken stock and broccoli to the pot and mix well. Place the cover on the pot and set timer to 5 minutes on high pressure (soup setting). It will take the IP around 10 minutes to build up pressure before it begins cooking.
- When cooking is done, do an immediate quick release. Remove cover and add the 3 cups of cheddar cheese. Stir until melted.
- For a smoother consistency, use an immersion blender to puree the mixture. For a chunkier consistency, serve as-is. Sprinkle extra shredded cheese over the top just before serving!