Cook your next ham in an Instant Pot to guarantee a juicy, tender, easy meal. Boneless sliced ham or spiral cut ham will produce a delicious meal. Ready to go in just 30 minutes with a delicious glaze to make everyone fall in love with it, this recipe makes family dinner or your next holiday meal a breeze!
I am a meat-loving girl through and through. Steak, chicken, pork of any variety.. YES, please! Ham especially has always had a special place in my heart. I love the saltiness and succulent flavor of a well-cooked ham. It has to be juicy, tender enough to cut with a fork and also needs a bit of extra flavor (not too much).
I swoon over holiday meals because HAM. I go crazy over ham leftovers and make the most of every juicy morsel, including that delicious little bone that transforms soup into crazy-good soup (this Instant Pot Ham Bone Soup is to die for!).
And my recent discovery of preparing ham in my Instant Pot has transformed my ham-loving life in a new way. I will never bake ham in an oven or on the stove top ever again. Pressure-cooked ham is the way to go!
HOW TO PREPARE A BONELESS HAM IN THE INSTANT POT
If you are looking for a no-fail, super easy dinner to put on the table, this beautifully glazed ham with just a few ingredients will be perfect! It’s not just for Easter dinner!
Start with 1/2 cup honey, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce.
Combine ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
Place the ham inside a piece of heavy-duty foil and fold up around the sides. Pour the sauce over the ham, ensuring it seeps into the slices. Fold foil up over the ham to cover entirely.
Next you’ll pour 1 1/2 cups water into the Instant Pot. Place ham on trivet and lower into Instant Pot.
Place the cover on the pot and set timer to 20 minutes on high pressure. It will take the IP around 11 minutes to come to pressure before it begins cooking.
When cooking time is done, do a Quick Release. Let the float valve drop and remove the cover.
Carefully place the ham on a serving platter. Gently pour a little of the juices over the top of the ham and serve alongside How To Make Grits from Mama Gourmand!
- If you use a bone in ham to make this recipe, add 10 minutes to the cooking time.
- Cook 5 minutes per pound for pre-cooked boneless ham.
- Add 1/2 cup pineapple juice to the liquid mixture for an extra punch of flavor.
GREAT HAM RECIPES TO MAKE USING LEFTOVERS
- Use leftover ham to make this savory ham bone soup in your pressure cooker!
- Ham Bone Split Pea Soup – Ham, split peas and an assortment of delicious carrots, peas and celery are the perfect combo in this hearty, comforting and traditional soup. A truly savory soup will satisfy and fill you up.
DELICIOUS EASTER DINNER RECIPES
- This is my Mom’s Mashed Potatoes recipe. It is the BEST and goes great with any main dish, any time of year. You’ll never need another mashed potato recipe again!
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes are creamy, smooth, delicious and easy to prepare. No boiling or saucepan/stovetop cleaning required with this side dish. The Instant Pot gets this easy mashed potato recipe done in 30 minutes!
- This Classic Sweet Potato Casserole is great on your Thanksgiving table and also a perfect side dish that can be enjoyed any time of the year. It is filled with a delicious sweet potato mixture and topped with crunchy pecans and marshmallows.
- This is the Best Green Bean Casserole for your table! It is a traditional holiday staple, yes, but also great any time of the year as a delicious side dish.
- Tater Tot Hotdish is the perfect comfort food. Whether it’s the main dish or a side, everyone at the table will be satisfied. This Midwestern staple is easy to make and fills everyone up. Great for your Thanksgiving table or any time of the year!
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes – These are the perfect brunch side dish. Two delicious types of cheese transform these potatoes into a creamy, flavorful comfort food.
- Easy sauteed asparagus is the perfect addition to your Easter spread!
- Let a batch of crockpot creamed corn cook quietly in the corner while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Knock everyone’s socks off with this perfect and delicious carrot cake!
BEST RECIPES TO MAKE IN AN INSTANT POT
The list of recipes you can make in an electric pressure cooker is endless! It can act as a slow cooker, saute pan, steamer, rice maker, yogurt maker and pressure cooker. It can cook soup, chili, pasta, meat, potatoes, veggies, cake, beans and so much more in a shorter amount of time than you’re used to. Here are a few of my favorite Instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken
- Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Steamed Artichokes
- Instant Pot Goulash
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
QUICK RELEASE VS NATURALLY RELEASING PRESSURE IN THE PRESSURE COOKER
When a recipe calls for natural pressure release, this is instructing you to leave the pressure release in the sealed position when the cook time ends. It will release the pressure over approximately 30 minutes and then you’ll be able to open your lid. Quick release or often written as QR is when you safely open the valve to release all the pressure inside quickly. You don’t want to be in the way of the jet of steam that comes quickly and loudly pouring out of the pot.
If a recipe calls for an X minute natural release the recipe is telling you to leave the IP alone for 10 minutes after the timer signifies it’s done. Then you open the valve to release any steam that is still pent up.
WHY DOES IT TAKE MY INSTANT POT SO LONG TO HEAT UP?
The time leading up to actual cook time may seem long and even confusing (“What is going ON in there?!”), but it’s an important part of the process! The Instant Pot is working on building up the appropriate amount of pressure that it will be cooking the food at.
It handles liquids and solids differently and also fresh and frozen differently, so the time can vary. Most recipes take between 10 and 25 minutes to build up pressure.
HOW TO CLEAN AN INSTANT POT
Keep your Instant Pot shiny, clean and scent-free by following these simple steps:
EXTERIOR – Use a clean, damp cloth to wipe down any grease or gunk on the outside of the Instant Pot. Use a brush or the edge of a clean cloth to reach inside the rim to remove food that may have gotten stuck in the grooves. The exterior “housing” should never ever be immersed in liquid or run underwater.
INNER POT – The stainless steel inner pot can be hand-washed OR run through a dishwasher. See below tips for deep cleaning when needed.
COVER – The inside of the IP cover can usually just be wiped down with a clean cloth after use. If there is food stuck to the inside of the cover, remove the sealing ring and run the cover under hot water and scrub with a brush or cloth.
SEALING RING – The sealing ring can be easily removed from the Instant Pot and hand-washed with warm, soapy water OR run through a dishwasher when needed.
TRIVET – The trivet that is inserted into the Instant Pot can be scrubbed with a brush, hand-washed with warm, soapy water or run through a dishwasher.
DEEP CLEAN – If the inner pot starts to show signs that it needs a deep cleaning (cloudiness or discoloration), pour either 2 cups of white vinegar OR 2 cups of water plus 1 tablespoon of lemon juice into the pot. Place the cover on the pot and set to STEAM for 3 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally and remove the cover. Remove sealing ring and inner pot and allow to air dry.
Instant Pot Ham Recipe
- Instant Pot
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 lb Pre-cooked Ham pre-sliced
- Combine honey, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl and mix well; set aside. Place the ham inside a piece of heavy-duty foil and fold up around the sides. Pour the sauce over the ham, ensuring it seeps into the slices. Fold foil up over the ham to cover entirely.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups water into the Instant Pot. Place ham on trivet and lower into Instant Pot.
- Place the cover on the pot and set timer to 20 minutes on high pressure (pressure cook setting). It will take the IP around 11 minutes to build up pressure before it begins cooking.
- When cooking time is done, do a Quick Release. Let the float valve drop and remove the cover.
- Place the ham on serving platter and pour juices over top; serve!