Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs are easy to make and they turn out PERFECTLY every single time. Cooking eggs in a pressure cooker makes removing egg shells a breeze!
The very first thing I made in my Instant Pot when I purchased it was a batch of hard-boiled eggs. My family loves eggs, especially when they are perfectly hard-boiled. The stove top method produces consistent results, but the Instant Pot produces even more consistency with hard-boiled eggs. The selling point for me, though, is how easily the shells come off after coming out of the pressure cooker. It’s amazing! They practically peel themselves!
Check out this short video to see how easy it is to make Hard Boiled Eggs in a pressure cooker!
Enjoy the step-by-step video tutorial we have created for this recipe! Our goal is to make your time in the kitchen as easy as possible and to ensure that your version of this recipe is a success. See our full collection of cooking and baking videos on YouTube!
How To Cook Hard Boiled Eggs In An Instant Pot
Cooking hard-boiled eggs in a pressure cooker is SO easy-peasy. Follow these simple steps to guarantee perfectly cooked eggs, every time:
- Pour 1 cup of water into Instant Pot and add trivet. Set 6 eggs (or as many or as few as you’d like, up to a dozen) on top of the trivet and lock cover into place. Set steam release valve to Sealing. Select the Pressure Cook mode and set pressure level to Low. Set cook time for 12 minutes.
- It will take a few minutes for the Instant Pot to build up pressure and then the timer will begin. During the last few minutes of cook time, fill a medium bowl with ice water.
- When the timer beeps, turn the steam release valve to Venting (quick release) and wait for the silver float valve to drop. Immediately remove cover and place the eggs into the ice water for 1 minute.
- Remove the eggs from the ice bath and peel off shells. Serve immediately or store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
How many eggs can you cook in the Instant Pot at one time?
You can cook as few as ONE and as many as TWELVE eggs at a time in the Instant Pot, or any number in between. The pressure cooker works some serious magic because no matter how many you cook, they always turn out perfectly!
How to peel hard boiled eggs
One of the best things about making hard-boiled eggs in an Instant Pot is that the shells come off totally perfectly! Lightly tap the egg after it comes out of the ice bath on a counter or hard surface. Peel at the crack and the shell will literally fall off into your hands. Once the peel is off, rinse the egg under cold water.
How long do hard boiled eggs stay fresh?
Store hard-boiled eggs in a sealed container in the fridge. My rule of thumb for hard-boiled eggs is:
- If eggs are peeled immediately after being cooked, they will remain fresh in the fridge for 5 days.
- Unpeeled eggs will stay fresh in the fridge for 7 days.
Must-try Instant Pot recipes
The list of foods you can cook and the many ways you can cook food in an Instant Pot is endless! It can act as a slow cooker, skillet, steamer, rice maker, yogurt maker and pressure cooker. It can cook soup, chili, pasta, meat, potatoes, veggies, cake, beans and so much more. Here are a few of my favorite Instant Pot recipes:
Recipes using hard boiled eggs
Hard-boiled eggs are best known for being enjoyed alone with a sprinkling of salt because they are just that good solo. Here are a couple amazing recipes that call for hard-boiled eggs: Buddha Bowls and Green Beans with Tomatoes, Olives and Eggs. They also taste great in any type of potato salad or egg salad (obviously) or salad of any type!
Enjoy! Let me know in the comments what you love to cook in your Instant Pot!