Knock people’s socks off with this creamy, dreamy, fruity appetizer. This delicious Pan-Fried Brie with Cherries is the perfect party food or dessert!
For the love of sugar and cherries, people, I have a problem. Peek at my last ten posts and you’ll get my gist. Next week’s menu involves a few recipes that are not sugar-laden and I’m strangely excited about it. Turning over a new, savory leaf in this frozen land. For now, though, let me tell you how much I adore this Pan-Fried Brie with Cherries.
It is an amazing appetizer/party food for kids and adults alike and it can also act as a dessert. Be prepared, though, it is supremely addicting, which is why TWO Brie wheels are included in the recipe. Trust me, you’ll want both.
Brie is the underdog of cheeses. It is soft, subtly sweet and versatile, yet so often overlooked. It pairs with sweets and savory alike, such as with this Pan-Fried Brie with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto and this Baked Brie with Pecans and Roasted Pepper Jam and this Baked Brie with Artichokes, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Pesto.
You’ll also find Brie highlighted on this Charcuterie Board which is a fun change up for dinner when you want something delicious but lighter and minimum work. But it also offers a delicious variety of finger foods to share with friends and family. Mama Gourmand puts together some great ideas and shares a variety of ways to prepare yours today.
ENJOY! Praying you all have a great rest of your weekend! Prepare yourselves for some yummy savory eats next week!
Pan-Fried Brie with Cherries
- 5 graham crackers crushed
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 28 oz Brie wheel rinds removed
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 5 chocolate or regular graham crackers 5-7 pieces, broken into pieces
- Place graham cracker crumbs in a single layer on a small plate. Heat the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. One at a time, dip the sides of the Brie wheels into the melted butter and then into the cracker crumbs, coating completely. Return to the skillet and fry each wheel on each side for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese gets melty.
- Place fried Brie wheels on a serving platter and top each with half of the cherries. Serve immediately and use graham cracker pieces for dipping.