Pan-Fried Brie with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto is your new favorite appetizer! This savory party food will be a hit at any gathering. Be prepared to share the recipe because everyone will be asking for it!
I literally dreamed about this appetizer for like four nights in a row before calling it perfect and giving it a whirl. If you don’t dream constantly about food like I do, please just act like I’m not a weirdo. Because OHMY-goodness this turned out delicious and it is totally worth the title. I mean, sun-dried tomato pesto on anything is spectacular, but when it sits atop Brie cheese that has been pan-fried in oil and Triscuits?! Yes. Please. Now.
I brought this appetizer to Thanksgiving dinner and this baby was a party hit. It would perfectly adorn any holiday or party table.
This is officially my new favorite way to enjoy Brie, which is saying a lot considering how delicious this Baked Brie with Pecans and Roasted Pepper Jam and this Baked Brie with Artichokes both are. Please promise me you’ll try this!
Thanks for being here, friends! ENJOY your week!
Pan-Fried Brie with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO
- 7 oz. sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2-3 cloves garlic halved
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4-1/2 cup olive oil
- 15 Triscuit crackers crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 14 oz. wheels Brie cheese rinds removed
MAKE THE SUN-DRIED TOMATO
- In a food processor or blender, combine the sun-dried tomatoes (include oil from the jar), basil, garlic, pine nuts or walnuts, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Puree/pulse until chunky. Drizzle in the olive oil and continue to puree/pulse until mixture is moist. (You’ll need somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 cup for this.)
MAKE THE PAN-FRIED BRIE
- Place cracker crumbs in a single layer on a small plate. Heat the 1/4 cup of olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. One at a time, dip the sides of the Brie wheels into the oil and then into the cracker crumbs, coating completely. Return to the skillet and fry each wheel on each side for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese gets melty.
- Place fried Brie wheels on a serving platter and top with sun-dried tomato pesto. Serve immediately with crackers or crusty bread.