Sugared Cranberries recipe is the perfect irresistible snack for any holiday or winter gathering! Each bite of these sweet-tart cranberries with a hint of cinnamon pops in your mouth. These are nearly impossible to stop eating. They make the perfect garnish for your holiday decor, too!
Why This Recipe Works
Just when I thought I couldn’t possibly enjoy cranberries any other way, these irresistible sugared cranberries recipe waltzed into my life. It is basically impossible to resist these babies when they are in arm’s reach. I’d grab for these over chips or pretzels or even these Salted Chocolate Caramel Crunchers any day. They are sweet and tart and crunchy and oh-so-yummy.
Cranberries – Grab a fresh bag for this recipe and freeze a second so you can make them later.
Turbinado sugar – This is a raw brown sugar made from sugarcane that has a slightly caramely flavor.
Cinnamon – Just a hint of this mixed into the sugar on the cranberries is delicious!
Orange Juice – This helps the cranberries naturally sweeten up and the acid
How To Make Sugared Cranberries Recipe
A super simple party appetizer to prepare during the holiday season, try preparing fresh cranberries as the perfect finger food treat!
Heat the sugar, water, orange juice and cinnamon in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat then coat the cranberries with the mixture in the pan. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
Place a large piece of parchment or wax paper on a wire rack. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cranberries to the parchment (reserve liquid in pan and use as a simple syrup, if desired). Allow cranberries to dry for 30 minutes.
To coat the cranberries – liberally sprinkle the turbinado sugar on the parchment paper begin rolling the cranberries in them or sprinkle cranberries with sugar and roll to coat completely. Transfer to a bowl cover until ready to serve!
If you love the look of these beautiful treats, another great way to enjoy them is as a decoration on top of cake or a dessert and it’ll spruce up the look immediately!
Craving More Cranberries Recipes
Sugared Cranberries recipe is the perfect snacketizer for any winter or holiday party and preparing them is super easy-peasy. Add them to your holiday list!
But you can always have the traditional homemade cranberry sauce (see below) because it is way tastier then anything you’ve poured out of a can. I always look forward to it at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Or you can change up the traditional with minty cranberries – they are fun too! If you have any sauce left over, add it to this tasty Leftover Stromboli recipe I can’t wait to get my hands on once the table is cleared and the guests are gone. A simple dinner!
What Do Cranberries Taste Like
You know fruit is good for you but not all fruit is meant to eat raw. Cranberries have a sour, sharp taste, so they are best paired with other fruits like apples, raspberries or blueberries and sweetener then cooked or juiced in some form.
FAQs About Cranberries
Historically, cranberries were grown in the upper midwest and New England on vines. Today, cranberries typically are grown in man made marshes and bogs because farmers can control the conditions they thrive in.
The season for harvesting cranberries is mid-September through mid-November in the United States.
No, cranberries do not ripen after being harvested.
Raisins are the healthier food. They are slightly lower in calories and sugar but they are high in protein and potassium as well as many other good nutrients.
Cranberries are often referred to as a superfood because they are high in nutrients and antioxidants so there’s many good reasons to eat them.
What Else You Can Enjoy Cranberries In
Delicious Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- This is my Mom’s Mashed Potatoes recipe. It is the BEST and goes great with any main dish, any time of year. You’ll never need another mashed potato with red potatoes recipe again!
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes are creamy, smooth, delicious and easy to prepare. No boiling or saucepan/stovetop cleaning required with this side dish. The Instant Pot gets this easy mashed potato recipe done in 30 minutes!
- This Classic Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping is great on your Thanksgiving table and also a perfect side dish that can be enjoyed any time of the year. It is filled with a delicious sweet potato mixture and topped with crunchy pecans and marshmallows.
- This is the Best Green Bean Casserole for your table! It is a traditional holiday staple, yes, but also great any time of the year as a delicious side dish.
- This delicious Crockpot Stuffing with Leeks and Sausage is made easier in a slow cooker! The addition of leeks and sausage makes it unique and delicious. Don’t limit this to Thanksgiving fare. It is a great side dish to any meal, any time of the year.
- Tater Tot Hotdish is the perfect comfort food. Whether it’s the main dish or a side, everyone at the table will be satisfied. This Midwestern staple is easy to make and fills everyone up. Great for your Thanksgiving table or any time of the year!
Will you help add value to Pip and Ebby?
If you make this recipe and love it, stop back and give it a 5-star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment. THANK YOU!
Sugared Cranberries Recipe
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 12 oz. bag cranberries 2 1/2 cups
- Turbinado or granulated sugar for rolling
- Heat the sugar, water, orange juice and cinnamon in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and add cranberries. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Place a large piece of parchment or wax paper on a flat surface. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cranberries to the parchment (reserve liquid in pan and use as a simple syrup, if desired). Allow cranberries to dry for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle cranberries with sugar (turbinado preferred) and roll to coat completely. Transfer to a bowl and cover until ready to serve!
- If you love the look of these beautiful treats, another great way to enjoy them is as a decoration on top of cake or a dessert and it’ll spruce up the look immediately!
Okay, these look addictive! So pretty and poppable. Definitely going to be a hit at the next party!
Thanks, Karly! They are totally addicting. Enjoy!
happy wheels full game
Wow, it looks delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe and the photos shows the detailed process to make this dessert.