Transform rock and roll into a spunky, zingy, beautiful grilled cheese sandwich!
This grilled cheese sums up my week quite well, so I present to you my new favorite sandwich creation: The Rock and Roll Grilled Cheese! OHMYGOSH it is so over-the-top delicious I could barely contain myself while inhaling it. The spicy slaw and gooey cheese and double meat create such a delectable combination of flavors. I consider myself to be a grilled cheese connoisseur, so the fact that this ranks in my top 3 speaks many delicious volumes.
I love the endless possibilities that grilled cheese sandwiches bring. What is your favorite cheesy creation?
Have a GREAT weekend, my friends! Thank you so much for peeking in!
Rock and Roll Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. jalapeno peppers minced, seeded first
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 slices wheat bread
- 2 tbsp. salted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup Wisconsin cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 slices deli-style roast beef
- 3 slices bacon cooked
- 3 tbsp. barbecue sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine cabbage, mayo, jalapeño peppers, cilantro, lime juice, sugar, cayenne pepper and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Place the bread slices on a flat work surface. Spread 1 tablespoon of butter evenly over one side of each slice of bread.
- Place two of the bread slices onto the hot skillet, butter side down. Top each with 1/2 cup shredded Wisconsin cheddar cheese. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the cheese begins to melt around the edges.
- Using a spatula, move the bread from the skillet back to the work surface. Top one of the slices with the roast beef, spicy slaw, bacon, barbecue sauce and the other cheesy slice of bread, cheese side down. Serve immediately and serve any extra slaw as a side!