This dinner is a delicious twist on shrimp fried rice. Use up the vegetables you have on hand and cook up some rice. It’s versatile and acts as a main OR side dish! Dinner is done in under 30 minutes!
This week is proof that despite all attempts at mapping out time, plans can become unhinged in the blink of an eye. I had grand plans to catch up on work, laundry, cleaning and so much more. But two sick boys (at separate 48-hour intervals) threw a wrench into my neatly organized week. As always, we readjusted and made things work. Things are never dull around here! I think I secretly prefer it that way.
Here’s to a great weekend and a healthy week ahead for all! Enjoy this delicious recipe. My stepmom and I prepared this while we were in North Carolina last month. She, my dad and I basically just inhaled it in one sitting. It was so yummy when I drizzled a bit of soy sauce over the top. Yum!
Start with two hues of bell peppers and some green onions. Add shishito or poblano peppers, eggs, rice and shrimp…that’s it!
What To Serve With Fried Rice – 19 ideas!
If you need ideas about what to serve with fried rice, read on for 19 delicious ideas so you can serve a complete meal to the entire family.
Shrimp Fried Rice with Peppers
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 bunch green onions sliced
- 4-5 shishito peppers OR 1 poblano pepper, seeded and sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 24 oz. bag frozen cooked peeled and deveined shrimp tail-off
- Sriracha or soy sauce for drizzling before serving
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the yellow and red peppers along with the green onions. Cook for 3 minutes, or until soft and fragrant. Add the shishito or poblano peppers and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Create 4 “pockets” within the pepper mixture and crack an egg into each hole. Let eggs cook for 3-4 minutes and scramble them into the pepper mixture with a spatula until cooked through. Add rice and shrimp to the skillet and cook, stirring, until mixture is warmed through, approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve warm and drizzle sriracha or soy sauce over the top.