This Southwest Chicken Salad is light yet satisfying; healthy yet delicious! The homemade Avocado Ranch Dressing sends it over the top! Great as lunch or dinner.
My hubby and I are currently on a kidless trip, many states away from home. An hour after we departed Minneapolis yesterday a huge snowfall dumped on the Cities. We got out just in time! The view from our room here in San Antonio is indescribable and the audio is even better. Birds are chirping, a waterfall is nearby and there are endless trees for the breeze to tickle.
I wanted to get this Southwest Chicken Salad posted because a handful of people have asked for the recipe after I posted a photo of it on Facebook. I have two recipes left to post after this one from my lunch craze and after that we can move onto another craze. What should the next one be? Easy dinners? Fish? Grilling? Frozen desserts?
This salad is SO GOOD and the Avocado Ranch Dressing sends it into the realm of greatness. I devoured every morsel you see on this plate and then had another for dinner.
Uses For Rotisserie Chicken Meat
If you use meat from a Rotisserie chicken to make this recipe and have leftovers, there are endless possibilities for ways to use it up. I love loading up on Rotisseries chickens (or I just make my own!) because I never lack ideas for how to eat the succulent meat. Here are just a few ideas to get you started!
Shred the chicken and add it to your next wrap!
Add it to your next batch of chicken noodle soup!
Use it in chicken enchiladas or this yummy chicken enchilada bake.
CHICKEN BURRITO BOWLS! Chipotle style!
Throw it into some cheesy quesadillas or even a grilled cheese sandwich! all the meat is removed from the chicken carcass, you can make a delicious, healthy bone broth with just a few vegetables that can then be used to cook or feel free to freeze it for future meals. Follow the simple steps in my Ham Bone Broth tutorial with whatever meat you have on hand.
Southwest Chicken Salad with Avocado Ranch Dressing
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken shredded (suggestion: pull meat from a Rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 cup black beans rinsed
- 1/2 cup corn cooked or canned
- 1/2 cup bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 tbsp Avocado Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup pepperjack cheese
- Avocado slices for topping
- Lime Wedges
- On a large plate or in a medium bowl, combine the lettuce, chicken, black beans, corn, peppers and tomatoes. Mix well and drizzle Avocado Ranch Dressing over top.
- Top with cheese, avocado slices, lime wedges and enjoy!