Strawberry Muffins are a great way to use up fresh strawberries. Great for breakfast or an after-school snack!
These muffins did not want to be made. My first batch was good, but not great. I altered the recipe in order to make them great (and they are!). When I started the second batch, I realized I didn’t have flour. What?! When do I not have flour in my kitchen? The next day, flour in hand, my strawberries were lacking freshness. The next day after purchasing a fresh package of strawberries, I was out of butter (seriously). Later that same day, after grabbing some butter at Target, I was out of vanilla. What the heck! They eventually got made, and they were well worth the wait. My boys LOVED them. They were pleading and begging and MOM-CAN-I-PLEASE-HAVE-ANOTHER-ing. I used these babies as leverage for at least two days.
It was fate for this post to stand out because it is also my 400th recipe! Wow! We have to celebrate this somehow, right? What better way to celebrate than to do a giveaway! So here’s the scoop. Leave a comment on this post saying anything at all (PLEASE leave an email address so I can contact you). My favorite comment will receive all of the following:
– $25 Visa gift card
– Pip & Ebby t-shirt
– A few other goodies that may or may not be related to Easter
One winner will be selected at 9:00 am CST on 4/7/14.
Onto the muffins!
First, prepare the topping.
It should look something like this. Yummy and crumbly. Set it aside for now.
Combine the dry ingredients.
In a separate bowl, combine everything else.
Gradually add the flour mixture to it. Throw in some pretty strawberries.
Pour the batter into a muffin tin and top with the crumbles.
When they are done baking, your home will smell soooo good. All nearby bellies will be happy ones.
Now go check your supplies and whip these babies up!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp. butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tbsp. butter softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups strawberries hulled, chopped (pat dry with a paper towel)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour and 2 tablespoons melted butter. Stir until crumbly and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, the baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 6 tablespoons butter, sour cream and vanilla. Stir until creamy. Gradually add the flour mixture and stir until combined. Fold in the strawberries.
- Divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups. Top with the crumbles. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean.