This delicious little Buffalo Shrimp Salad packs a punch! It is satisfying, flavorful and packed with textures and colors.
I overheard someone say today that this week is the wettest week EVER. Like, in the history of Minnesota’s existence. Could that be true? It has been grey, rainy, cold, windy and dreary for a lot of days in a row. Being a Minnesotan can be ridiculous and emotionally tumultuous, and I do realize that I talk far too much about our unpredictable weather and the emotional effects of that. If ever before I’ve spoken of a rough winter, though, I take it back! This winter has been crueler than cruel. Unforgivably cruel. Crueler than any other winter I can remember.
The “winter blues” are still in my bones. The energy of summer…or uh, spring? hello, spring?…is nowhere close to hitting me yet. This week I was a minimalist in many areas due to weather-related blahs, including the food preparation department. The only meals on my agenda were quick and easy. Like, SUPER quick and SUPER easy. I hit the jackpot with this salad. It was honestly one of the easiest meals I’ve ever made and Dan and I both LOVED it. We ooo-ed and ahh-ed. It’s a keeper. The lousy weather? Not so much.
Melt some butter over medium heat. Add garlic. Mmm, don’t you love the smell of garlic cooking?
Let it cook as you inhale that delicious scent till it looks something like this.
Add a package of frozen shrimp. Don’t worry about thawing those little shrimpies first. We’re talking easy, remember? Freezer-to-skillet easy.
Add lemon juice. Fresh lemon juice, preferably. I don’t do it any other way.
Be careful not to overcook the shrimp. They cook quickly! It’ll be just a handful of minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and add some buffalo sauce. Add however much you’d like. I personally think more is better.
Spoon the shrimp (and sauce…don’t leave out the sauce!) over lettuce, tomatoes, carrots and cucumbers. Throw some blue cheese crumbles on top and you will swoon! Sooo delicious!
Buffalo Shrimp Salad
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz. package frozen shrimp
- Juice from half of a lemon
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 8 cups mixed greens rinsed and broken into pieces
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until soft and fragrant, about 4 minutes. Add salt, pepper, shrimp and lemon juice. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat until shrimp are cooked through, about five minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and add buffalo sauce. Stir until combined and transfer to a bowl. Prepare four plates, dividing the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and carrots between them. Top with shrimp and sauce and blue cheese crumbles.