Transform a Philadelphia Sushi Roll into a healthy lunch bowl! Eat as a solo lunch, healthy snack/side or serve to sushi-loving crowd!
Sushi rolls are so diverse, each one offering taste buds a unique flavor experience. This was my first attempt at turning a sushi roll into a “bowl” (aka, salad) and I had such a hard time deciding what the inaugural Sushi Roll Bowl should be. I had salmon in the fridge and avocados on my counter, so that helped my decision. And the Philadelphia Sushi Roll Bowl was a good decision! This bowl or salad or lunch bowl or whatever you want to call it was sooo yummy.
WATCH THIS VIDEO TO TRANSFORM YOUR INGREDIENTS INTO A DELICIOUS SUSHI ROLL BOWL!
Enjoy the step-by-step video tutorial we have created for this recipe! Our goal is to make your time in the kitchen as easy as possible and to ensure that your version of this recipe is a success. See our full collection of cooking and baking videos on YouTube!
Something I did not include in the photos but added later was soy sauce! I drizzled a bit of it over the top just before devouring and it kinda sent the whole deal out of this world. Dare I say, this is better than an actual Philadelphia Sushi Roll?
A couple notes about the recipe:
– You’ll want to prepare this just before serving so the salmon stays fresh, the rice doesn’t get sticky and the avocados don’t brown.
– Soy sauce is a strong flavor, so serve it on the side and let people add it on their own.
– Softening the cream cheese in the micro is recommended. It’ll need to be on the warm side in order to avoid having a lumpy dressing. If there are lumps, do not fret! Whisk the dressing vigorously and microwave in 15-second intervals, if needed.
Which sushi roll should be next on the roll-to-bowl list? Give me some ideas!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, friends! Thank you for being here!
Looking for other yummy, filling salads that can act as a solo lunch? Look no further! Olive Tomato Feta Salad with Artichokes, Crunchy Bok Choy Salad, Loaded Veggie Salad with Chickpeas and Black Beans
Philadelphia Sushi Roll Bowl
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- Juice of 1 lime
- 6-8 oz. cooked salmon broken into small pieces
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 cucumber peeled and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Soy sauce optional
- Squeeze the lime juice into the cooked rice and fluff with a fork. Pour into a large bowl and add the cooked salmon pieces, avocado and cucumber. Stir until combined.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer), combine the cream cheese, lemon juice and olive oil. Beat on medium speed until creamy. Drizzle over the other ingredients and serve! Splash with soy sauce before serving, if desired.