Spruce up your burger with a touch of sweetness! Brie cheese, cherry jam, grilled peaches and bacon will transform dinner into a sweet and savory treat!
I dreamed up these yummy burgers while on the road last weekend. We picked up the ingredients and threw them together in the RV at a campground in Madison, Wisconsin. Here are a few notes about this oh-so-delicious burger (because bullet points are my style today):
– Sometimes photo “situations” aren’t ideal but I always try.
This yummy Cherry Gazpacho Salad partially inspired the birth of this burger. I absolutely love the combination of sweet and savory ingredients inside a food that doesn’t typically involve both.
I cannot properly explain how delicious grilled peaches taste along with cherry jam, brie cheese, bacon, red onion and a burger.
While your grill is fired up, you HAVE to make this grilled marinated flank steak. AMAZING!
I have another tasty burger that I’m excited to make later this week, this time with all savory ingredients.
Have a great Tuesday!
Burgers with Grilled Peaches, Brie and Cherry Jam
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- Splash of Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ripe peach pitted and cut in thick slices
- 2 hamburger buns
- 4 tbsp. cherry jam or preserves
- Mini wheel of Brie cheese rind removed and cut into slices
- A few red onion slices
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- Light a grill over medium heat. In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and mix well. Divide in half and create patties using your hands. Place the burger patties and peaches slices onto the grill. Cook the peaches for 2 minutes per side. Cook the burgers for 4-5 minutes per side, or until desired doneness has been reached.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of cherry jam onto the inside of each bun half. Layer each burger as follows: Bottom bun (jam side up), cooked burger, half of the brie, half of the peach slices, half of the red onion slices, half of the bacon and the top bun (jam side down). Serve immediately!