This dinner bake is EASY, cheesy and packed with delicious tortellini. Great recipe to add to your family dinner rotation!
How in the world did the end of July sneak up on me like that? It is practically August, which means it may as well be snowing. I clearly need a lesson in living in the moment. We have been occasionally having to wear jackets here in Minnesota, which has me a little grumpy. Seriously. Jackets in July. And not just one fluke day. This has happened fairly often lately. How sad and odd that I have to think of putting jackets into the car wherever we go. Did I mention it’s July?
Sorry, did I just gripe about the weather again? It’s a common theme here on pipandebby.com, your one-stop shop for weather complaints and yummy food. I cannot believe I haven’t posted a single recipe that contains tortellini on this website. I am so sorry! It is one of my favorite types of pasta and when I eat it, I find myself doing the Mmmmmm-ing thing that my 4-year-old does while he eats strawberries. This tortellini bake is ridiculously easy (only 5 ingredients!) and the prep takes only a few minutes. You’ll love it, I promise!
Throw the following ingredients into a medium bowl:
24-oz. jar marinara sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 pound cheese tortellini, found in the refrigerated section (boil for 3 minutes first)
1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Mix everything together gently. Those cute little tortellinis are fragile. If you are a vigorous stirrer, mix everything but the tortellini first and add them in at the end.
Either way, add the mixture to a square baking dish and top with sliced fresh mozzarella.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the pasta is heated through. Mmm, good thing I still have leftovers in the fridge.
Enjoy and have a great week, friends! Thanks for reading!
Easy Cheesy Tortellini Bake
- 1 lb. cheese tortellini (found in refrigerated section)
- 24 oz. jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9×9 square baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook the tortellini pasta in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse. In a medium bowl, combine the cooked tortellini, marinara sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese and parsley. Gently stir until the mixture is combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with slices of fresh mozzarella and additional parsley (if desired). Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the pasta is heated through and cheeses are melted. Serve warm!