I went from writing a post a day in early December to a post a week here in early January. I have been working on a big project that is food-related and that I am very excited about. I will be ready to unveil it in a few weeks! Wooo!
In fact, this post provides a giant clue about what my secret project is. Any guesses?
Thanks again for all of the wonderful comments and emails regarding my website. I will not ignore a single one! My boys and I are enjoying a lazy Saturday, so I will share this recipe with you and get back to relaxing on the couch. Important business calls..
Nutella Brie-Nana Grilled Cheese
Nutella, bananas and brie cheese are packed inside the walls of this grilled cheese sandwich!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 2 servings
- 4 slices French bread
- 4 tbsp. salted butter at room temperature
- 4 tbsp. Nutella
- 4.5 oz. package Brie cheese rinds removed and cut into thin slices
- 1 banana cut lengthwise into four equal slices
- Place the bread slices on a flat work surface. Spread 1 tablespoon of butter evenly over one side of each slice of bread. Flip the buttered bread slices over and spread 1 tablespoon of Nutella over each.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Layer each sandwich as follows: Slice of bread, butter side down, Nutella side up, 1/4 of the Brie cheese slices, 2 banana slices, 1/4 of the Brie cheese slices and slice of bread, Nutella side down, butter side up.
- Place sandwiches onto the hot skillet. Cook on each side for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until the bottom layer of cheese begins to melt around the edges. Cut in half and serve!
Calories: 794kcal | Carbohydrates: 104g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 880mg | Potassium: 495mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 776IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 6mg
Did you make this recipe?If you loved this recipe, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!
This looks yummy. That's one fancy grilled cheese. I love me some good nutella. I did the same thing but with bananas instead of the cheese. I have been following for a couple of month now and I love how you do the cooking tutorials. I am pretty lazy on the cooking front and I love it when a picture shows everything its better than words.
This looks amazing, but I've never thought to put banana's with brie, let alone any kind of cheese.
Meg @ Sweet Twist
Looks delicious! Looking forward to your reveal.
Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar
Mmm this sounds soooo good!