Combine potatoes, vegetables and a roast over flavorful spices and let them simmer together through the day. This flavorful Pot Roast made in a slow cooker makes dinner EASY!
Summer is on the horizon. The weather has been gorgeous and the boys and I have been spending as much time outside as possible. We are solidifying fun summer plans, which include another potential cross-country road trip, lots of swimming, time at the dropzone and other fun adventures. I love summer.
Despite summer practically being here, I am still using my crockpot like a champ. This pot roast was so delicious, you guys. It was tender, totally packed with flavor and just plain delicious.
Throw a 2-3-lb. roast into your slow cooker, along with an onion, carrots, potatoes, beef broth, worcestershire sauce, tomato paste and a packet of beef recipe soup & dip mix.
Stir it up a bit and throw on the lid. Cook on Low heat for 8-9 hours or High heat for 5-6 hours.
Thanks for reading. Enjoy the recipe!
Slow Cooker Tender Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker
- 2-3 lb. roast (brisket, round or chuck)
- 10 red potatoes quartered lengthwise
- 6 medium carrots peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 yellow onion cut into chunks
- 32 oz. container beef broth
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 6 oz jar tomato paste
- 1 packet beef recipe soup and dip mix
- Place roast inside a large crockpot. Add potatoes, carrots, onions, beef broth, worcestershire, tomato paste and soup/dip mix. Stir, cover and cook on Low heat for 8-9 hours (or 5-6 hours on High).