As if BBQ chicken sandwiches weren’t delicious enough! Combining them with grilled cheese sandwiches will send your tastebuds into a frenzy. I love the flavor combination of dill pickles with barbecue chicken. Do not go light on the pickles. They make the sandwich!
Have I told you that we are going on another RV trip this year? It won’t be nearly as epic as last year’s, but we are excited nonetheless. This year’s adventure will involve only a handful of states, but we will be able to explore them more thoroughly (sooo excited for more Montana time!). And this time we will have a house to come back to. Crazy!
So guess what I’ll be doing for the next week? Among other things, I will be cleaning out the food in our fridge and freezer. We have chicken that needs to be used up and it WILL be put into these delicious BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwiches a handful of times. These are so good, you guys. Please do not go light on the pickles. They transform the sandwich into an outstanding one!
I’m off to enjoy some pool time before lunch! Enjoy the rest of your week, friends!
Here are a few other grilled cheese sandwiches you may enjoy!
BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 1 1/2 cups chicken cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 slices white bread
- 4 tbsp. salted butter at room temperature
- 2 cups shredded American cheese or 8 slices
- 6 dill pickle "stackers" slices
- Extra barbecue sauce for dipping or drizzling
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken and barbecue sauce. Mix well and set aside.
- Place the bread slices on a flat work surface. Spread 1 tablespoon of butter evenly over one side of each slice of bread.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Layer each sandwich as follows: Slice of bread, butter side down, ½ cup shredded American cheese (or 2 slices), ½ of the chicken mixture, 3 pickle slices, ½ cup shredded American cheese (or 2 slices) and slice of bread, butter side up.
- Place sandwiches onto the hot skillet. Cook on each side for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until the bottom layer of cheese begins to melt around the edges. Cut in half and serve!