Use the leftover lunch meat from your fridge to create this easy, gooey, delicious grilled cheese sandwich!
This delicious grilled cheese sandwich recipe is coming to you from Washington D.C. My cute boys and I explored the nation’s capital for hours today, walking miles and miles with ABE as the end goal. Ohhh thank you, Abe, for without you our boys nevvvvver would have continued walking.
LEARN HOW TO CUT AN AVOCADO IN THIS VIDEO TUTORIAL
We arrived back at the hotel and guess who fell promptly asleep? Nope, not the children. I am wiped. Out. We will explore more tomorrow!
I hope you love this grilled cheese sandwich as much as my family does. Use whatever lunch meat is in your fridge and you will not be disappointed. Enjoy!
A few other grilled cheese options: Philly Cheesesteak Grilled Cheese and Guac and Chips Grilled Cheese.
Leftover Lunch Meat Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 4 slices rye bread
- 4 tbsp. salted butter at room temperature
- Sprinkling seasoned salt
- 1 cup provolone cheese shredded or 4 slices
- 6 slices ham
- 8 slices salami
- 4 tomato slices
- 1/2 avocado pitted, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup colby-jack cheese shredded or 4 slices
- Place the bread slices on a flat work surface. Spread 1 tablespoon of butter evenly over one side of each slice of bread. Sprinkle seasoned salt over the buttered bread slices (don’t overdo it!).
- Warm a skillet over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Layer each sandwich as follows: Slice of bread, butter side down, ½ cup shredded provolone cheese (or 2 slices), 3 slices ham, 4 slices salami, 2 tomato slices, ½ of the avocado slices, ½ cup shredded colby-jack cheese (or 2 slices) and slice of bread, butter side up.
- Place sandwiches onto the hot skillet. Cook on each side for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until the bottom layer of cheese begins to melt around the edges. Cut in half and serve!
Leave a Reply