Turn the irresistible guac and chips into a GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH! Adding chips to a sandwich feels like you’re breaking the rules but it is soooo satisfying and delicious.
Twenty-four hours from now we will be ON THE ROAD. Our house is buzzing with excitement. And dust bunnies. Packing up the RV is our main priority. Cleaning the dust bunnies that we’ve stirred up will be put on hold until our return. At this time tomorrow we’ll be cruising down the interstate, singing and window-gazing our way to our first destination!
One of the many things I’m looking forward to about being on the road is making versatile salads such as this Edamame Summer Salad (making this one today!) that we’ll be able to munch on throughout the days to come. TODAY, however, I plan to create something that typically does not get made in the RV and that closely resembles this Chips and Guac Grilled Cheese.
I ADORE this sandwich. If you know me, you know how much I love guacamole and also how much I love grilled cheese sandwiches. Combining those two loves? Over-the-top amazingness, people.
Other Yummy Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Transform rock and roll into a spunky, zingy, beautiful rock and roll grilled cheese sandwich!
- As if BBQ chicken sandwiches weren’t delicious enough! Combining them with grilled cheese sandwiches will send your tastebuds into a frenzy. I love the flavor combination of dill pickles on this bbq chicken grilled cheese. Do not go light on the pickles!
- Pears and honey make such a delicious duo in this sweet grilled cheese sandwich.
- Alfalfa sprouts spruce up this veggie grilled cheese sandwich and provide an abundance of antioxidants. The sandwich is hearty with the addition of a few slices of turkey and grilled to perfection for a crispy exterior.
- You will fall in love with this incredible grilled cheese sandwich filled with Nutella, raspberries and Muenster cheese! This cheesy raspberry and Nutella sandwich is fun and colorful and packed with cheesy goodness.
Guacamole and Chips Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 tomato chopped
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled and mashed
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 splashes Worcestershire sauce
- fresh lime juice squirt or two
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices cracked wheat bread
- 4 tbsp. salted butter at room temperature
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese shredded or 8 slices
- 10 tortilla strips crushed
- In a medium bowl, combine the onion, tomato, avocado, cilantro, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Place the bread slices on a flat work surface. Spread 1 tablespoon of butter evenly over one side of each slice of bread.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Layer each sandwich as follows: Slice of bread, butter side down, ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese (or 2 slices), ½ of the avocado mixture, ½ of the crushed tortilla strips, ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese (or 2 slices) and slice of bread, butter side up.
- Place sandwiches onto the hot skillet. Cook on each side for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until the bottom layer of cheese begins to melt around the edges. Cut in half and serve!