Easily transform cinnamon rolls into a sweet and delicious monkey bread that is made right in your slow cooker and using canned dough. This is the perfect breakfast to make when guests are over. It won’t last long!
You know those amazing hosts who just seem to have everything together when you sleep over at their homes? You wake up in the morning to fluffy towels and a scrumptious breakfast waiting for you? One of the ways to achieve top-notch hosting status is by staying on top of breakfast. When breakfast is ready to go, you suddenly have all kinds of space for making sure towels are fluffy and linens are crisp.
This is one of the main reasons I love easy breakfasts so much. It opens up time for other things on busy mornings, whether you have guests or whether you are trying to feed your family before sending them off to school and work. These crockpot cinnamon rolls are a dream come true because this is such a brainless easy recipe and it’s also an indulgent and obviously delish one.
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT CINNAMON ROLLS
Line a 6-quart slow cooker with parchment paper. Start with two tubes of cinnamon roll dough (go store bought!) and cut biscuits into quarters. Place the dough pieces in an even layer on top of the parchment.
In a small bowl, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and melted butter. Mix well and pour brown sugar mixture evenly over dough pieces.
Place lid on crockpot and cook on low heat for 2 1/2 to 4 hours, or until dough is fully cooked through. Remove from slow cooker by lifting up on the parchment.
Drizzle the icing packets that came with the dough over the tops and serve!
- Lining the slow cooker with parchment paper or a liner made specifically for crockpots will ensure the dough does not burn. If you don’t have either, generously coat the slow cooker with cooking spray first. Keep in mind that the dough will cook more quickly without the parchment/liner.
- You will want to keep a close eye on the rolls while cooking because depending on your crockpot and whether or not you are using a liner of some sort, cooking times can really vary. Start checking for doneness around the 2.5-hour mark.
- No need to pull out serving plates for this crock pot monkey bread, as it is the perfect little finger food!
- A cream cheese frosting would be a great replacement for the icing packet that comes along with the dough.
OTHER DELICIOUS BREAKFAST OPTIONS
Here is a delicious list of other breakfast fare!
- Homemade Bagels – Make homemade bagels using only 5 ingredients and in 20 minutes from start to finish! NO YEAST or rising or waiting required. These easy bagels are soft, flavorful and taste great with savory or sweet toppings. I love sprinkling Everything But the Bagel Seasoning over the tops!
- Blueberry Muffins – You have just met your new go-to Blueberry Muffin recipe! These muffins turn out great every time, they are moist and totally packed with blueberries. These are the PERFECT treat to adorn your brunch spread!
- Breakfast Pizza – Like brunch itself, this recipe is a combo of two types of meals, making it the perfect brunch fare. Pizza combined with eggs, spinach, bacon and goat cheese? Yes, please!
- BEST Breakfast Casserole – I have been making (and perfecting) this breakfast casserole for YEARS and it is one of my all-time favorite breakfast foods. This is perhaps my favorite thing ever to make for brunches. It is a massive hit every single time!
- Mixed Berry Croissant Breakfast Bake – Transform French Toast into a Mixed Berry Croissant Breakfast Bake! The croissants add such a delicious buttery texture. Let it sit in the fridge overnight so it is ready to bake the next day!
Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
- Slow Cooker
- 24 oz refrigerated cinnamon roll dough each round cut in quarters
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup salted butter melted
- Line a 6-quart slow cooker with parchment paper. Place the dough pieces in an even layer on top of the parchment. In a medium bowl, combine sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter. Mix well and pour evenly over dough pieces.
- Place lid on crockpot and cook on low heat for 2 1/2 to 4 hours, or until dough is fully cooked through. Remove from slow cooker by lifting up on the parchment. Drizzle the icing packets that came with the dough over the tops and serve!