Make breakfast sandwiches ahead of time for those busy mornings! Refrigerate or freeze, depending on how far ahead they’re made. Fill the egg mixture with ingredients of your choice. This on-the-go breakfast will fill your belly!
I have an ongoing tumultuous relationship with breakfast. I LOVE breakfast food, every bit of it. But I rarely make time to eat it. When I prep it for my boys we are usually in a hurry so I never put as much time into it as I’d like. My parents are visiting from out of state this week and I love being able to feed breakfast to guests, so I experimented with meal prep breakfast sandwiches.
This is a dream come true, you guys! It took me less than an hour from start to finish to throw these together. I also was able to easily cater sandwiches to each person’s individual tastes and we’re set for breakfasts for the week!
HOW TO MAKE MEAL FREEZER BREAKFAST SANDWICHES
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and coat a half sheet pan (approximately 18 by 13 inches) with cooking spray. Add 12 eggs to a large mixing bowl along with 1/4 cup milk and salt and pepper. Whisk the eggs and milk. Pour into the prepared pan and add toppings as desired (in sections, if desired).
Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until eggs are set uniformly. Let cool and cut the baked eggs into 20 squares.
Butter the insides of the English muffins or bagels and assemble sandwiches. Place face up on a work surface. Top half of the muffin or bagel halves with a slice of cheese, an egg square and the top halves.
Wrap in plastic wrap and reheat in the microwave for 1 minute when ready to enjoy.
Store in the fridge overnight (for up to 5 days) or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Options for toppings to add to the eggs: cooked crumbled bacon or turkey bacon, cooked ground sausage or sausage patties, chopped fresh spinach, cherry tomatoes, Feta cheese, chopped mushrooms or chopped green bell peppers.
- Great varieties of cheese to use: provolone, cheddar, colby-jack, pepperjack or swiss.
- These can be wrapped in ziploc bags, plastic wrap, foil or parchment paper. Be sure to remove the foil first if you plan to put them in the microwave!
- To reheat these sandwiches, either place in the microwave for 1 minute or place in a toaster oven until cheese has melted.
- After reheating, go crazy with toppings, if you so desire! Good options: salsa, sour cream, hot sauce, avocado slices, guacamole, sliced onions, pickled jalapenos or pickled peppers.
OTHER DELICIOUS BREAKFAST IDEAS
- Homemade Bagels – Make homemade bagels using only 5 ingredients and in 20 minutes from start to finish! NO YEAST or rising or waiting required. These easy bagels are soft, flavorful and taste great with savory or sweet toppings. I love sprinkling Everything But the Bagel Seasoning over the tops!
- Enjoy an omelet in the palm of your hand! This is a great healthy option for a grab-and-go breakfast. Make ahead and reheat quickly!
- Not just for Christmas! Prep Christmas Breakfast Casserole the night before for an easy morning meal. Great for feeding the family on Christmas or any time of the year!
- Breakfast Pizza – Like brunch itself, this recipe is a combo of two types of meals, making it the perfect brunch fare. Pizza combined with eggs, spinach, bacon and goat cheese? Yes, please!
- BEST Breakfast Casserole – I have been making (and perfecting) this breakfast casserole for YEARS and it is one of my all-time favorite breakfast foods. This is perhaps my favorite thing ever to make for brunches. It is a massive hit every single time!
OTHER HEALTHY FOODS FOR PICKY KIDS
- Healthy Breakfast Cookies aren’t just for breakfast and they are deceptively delicious. Kids will never know how healthy they are!
- Homemade Fruit Roll-Ups – Eliminate artificial and unknown ingredients by making your own homemade fruit roll-ups! This is the ultimate snack food for kids. Great for lunch boxes, too!
- Healthy Breakfast Muffins – Enjoy breakfast the healthy way! Whip up a batch of these muffins as a perfect on-the-go meal or a snack to stay on track with healthy eating. These breakfast muffins are beyond delicious plus they’re packed with good stuff.
- These No Bake Granola Bars are the perfect snack for little ones. Filled with dried fruit and chocolate, peanut butter and honey, you will satisfy your sweet tooth with a snack you can feel good about eating. There is something comforting about knowing EXACTLY what goes into your kids’ bodies!
- Healthy Snack Bites take less than TEN minutes to make and you probably have all of the ingredients in your pantry. My boys adore them! Great after-school or anytime snack with no preservatives or added sugar!
Did you love this recipe?
If you make this recipe and love it, stop back and give it a 5-star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment. THANK YOU!
Meal Prep Breakfast Sandwiches
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cups Assorted filler ingredients such as cooked crumbled bacon, cooked ground sausage, fresh spinach, cherry tomatoes, Feta cheese, chopped mushrooms, chopped green bell peppers
- 20 English muffins or bagels
- 20 tbsp butter for spreading
- 20 slices cheese provolone, cheddar, colby-jack, pepperjack or swiss
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and coat a half sheet pan with cooking spray. Add the eggs to a large mixing bowl along with milk, salt and pepper and whisk. Pour into the prepared pan and add toppings as desired (in sections, if desired).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until eggs are set uniformly. Let cool and cut into squares.
- Butter the insides of the English muffins or bagels and place face up on a work surface. Top half of the muffin or bagel halves with a slice of cheese, an egg square and the top halves.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and reheat in the microwave for 1 minute when ready to enjoy. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.