Instant Pot Breakfast Burritos are the perfect easy breakfast for busy mornings or for overnight guests. Let your pressure cooker do the work for you while you get other important tasks taken care of! Experiment with using a variety of ingredients to add to the eggs for a unique flavor experience every time.
You know how I feel about my Instant Pot. Magic happens inside this cute little appliance and it also simplifies my life in such a huge way. Once the lid is locked, I am free to walk away to take care of other important tasks.
Breakfast tends to be a crazy time in our house and I don’t think I’m alone in this. Mornings are busy! Utilize your trusty pressure cooker in the mornings, too, friends. It’s not just for dinner recipes!
The egg mixture comes together so easily and it turns out perfectly every single time. Once you pull it out of the pot it is ready to be scooped into tortillas and enjoyed! Perfection!
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT BREAKFAST BURRITOS
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Stir in the salt, pepper and extras.
Coat a round 6- or 7-inch cake pan with cooking spray and pour the egg mixture into it. (Placing a pan inside the Instant Pot is also called PIP or pot in pot method.) Cover tightly with foil.
Pour 1 1/2 cups water into the Instant Pot and lower the PIP down using the trivet.
Place the cover on the pot, set steam release handle to sealing and set timer to 25 minutes on high pressure (use the pressure cook setting). It will take the IP around 9 minutes to build up pressure before it begins cooking.
When cooking is done, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes then do a quick release and allow the float valve to drop.
Carefully remove the pan from the pot by pulling up the trivet. Remove foil and use a fork to fluff the eggs.
Sprinkle cheese over the top and allow to melt.
Scoop the mixture into tortillas and roll into burritos. Top with desired toppings and serve!
- The options for which veggies to add are endless! Here are a few delicious ideas: chopped bell peppers, onions, minced jalapenos, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, kale, spinach. Hash browns would be a great addition, as well.
- Options for meat: cooked crumbled bacon, cooked ground sausage, cooked diced ham.
- Do not exceed 1 total cup for all ingredient additions.
- Great topping ideas for breakfast burritos: salsa, hot sauce, avocados, sour cream, extra cheese, cilantro.
HOW LONG ARE EGGS GOOD FOR?
When properly stored in the refrigerator, eggs can be used 5 weeks after the sell date listed on the carton. The sooner they are used, the fresher they will be.
CAN DOGS EAT EGGS?
When thoroughly, eggs are a nutritious and delicious snack for dogs. They are even sometimes used to help settle digestive systems for canines.
OTHER BREAKFAST OPTIONS
Here is just a tiny sampling of my favorite breakfast fare:
- Homemade Bagels – Make homemade bagels using only 5 ingredients and in 20 minutes from start to finish! NO YEAST or rising or waiting required. These easy bagels are soft, flavorful and taste great with savory or sweet toppings. I love sprinkling Everything But the Bagel Seasoning over the tops!
- Blueberry Muffins – You have just met your new go-to Blueberry Muffin recipe! These muffins turn out great every time, they are moist and totally packed with blueberries. These are the PERFECT treat to adorn your brunch spread!
- Breakfast Pizza – Like brunch itself, this recipe is a combo of two types of meals, making it the perfect brunch fare. Pizza combined with eggs, spinach, bacon and goat cheese? Yes, please!
- BEST Breakfast Casserole – I have been making (and perfecting) this breakfast casserole for YEARS and it is one of my all-time favorite breakfast foods. This is perhaps my favorite thing ever to make for brunches. It is a massive hit every single time!
- Mixed Berry Croissant Breakfast Bake – Transform French Toast into a Mixed Berry Croissant Breakfast Bake! The croissants add such a delicious buttery texture. Let it sit in the fridge overnight so it is ready to bake the next day!
BEST RECIPES TO MAKE IN AN INSTANT POT
The list of recipes you can make in an Instant Pot is endless! It can act as a slow cooker, saute pan, steamer, rice maker, yogurt maker and pressure cooker. It can cook soup, chili, pasta, meat, potatoes, veggies, cake, beans and so much more. Here are a few of my favorite Instant Pot recipes:
- Goulash – Make comforting, hearty Goulash in your Instant Pot! This American version of Goulash could not be easier or more delicious. It cooks perfectly every time and is done in only 30 minutes. Perfect easy dinner any night of the week!
- Chicken Noodle Soup – Make a batch of comforting Chicken Noodle Soup in the Instant Pot! Using a pressure cooker will save you time and will produce the most perfectly cooked soup you’ll ever taste. Great, quick meal for any night of the week or for your next gathering!
- Mashed Potatoes – Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes are creamy, smooth, delicious and easy to prepare. No boiling or saucepan/stovetop cleaning required with this side dish. The Instant Pot gets this easy mashed potato recipe done in 30 minutes!
- Chili – Chili made easy in your pressure cooker is THE BEST! This recipe is the absolute perfect comfort food, packed with flavor, texture, color and a tiny bit of spice. Perfect dinner or party food!
- Ham – Cook your next ham in an Instant Pot to guarantee a juicy, tender, easy meal. This recipe makes family dinner or your next holiday meal a breeze!
- Chicken Tortilla Soup – This Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup is the BEST! It is packed with flavor, it is super easy to make and it tastes like it’s been cooked low and slow all day long. Throw it together for your next family dinner OR your next big gathering. Either way, it’ll get devoured!
Instant Pot Breakfast Burritos
- Pressure Cooker
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup assorted filler ingredients such as cooked, chopped bacon or ham, cooked ground sausage, chopped bell peppers, onions, hash browns, minced jalapenos
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 flour tortillas 6-inch
- Salsa, avocado slices and sour cream if desired, for topping
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and milk. Stir in the salt, pepper and extras. Coat a round 6- or 7-inch pan with cooking spray and pour the egg mixture into it. Cover tightly with foil and place on trivet.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups water into the Instant Pot and lower the trivet/cake pan down into the pot.
- Place the cover on the pot and set timer to 25 minutes on high pressure (use the pressure cook setting). It will take the IP around 9 minutes to build up pressure before it begins cooking.
- When cooking is done, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes then do a quick release and allow the float valve to drop.
- Carefully remove the pan from the pot by pulling up the trivet. Remove foil and use a fork to fluff the eggs. Sprinkle cheese over the top and allow to melt. Scoop the mixture into tortillas and roll into burritos. Top with desired toppings and serve!