This Rice and Beans Taco Skillet is one of my favorite easy dinners of all time. It is totally packed with flavor, made in a single pan and done in just 20 minutes!
It’s true that I love food. I mean, obviously, right? I’d be a terrible food blogger if I didn’t. But it is rare when I love something as much as I loved this simple little dinner. I don’t know if I was just extra hungry this week or what, but I just would not shut up about it. The textures, flavors and bit of zing…and it took less than 20 minutes to make. I’ll be making it again SOON…and that is a huge endorsement!
By the way, how is your summer going?! Are you enjoying it as much as we are? There’s nothing better than Minnesota in the summer. Just for fun, leave a comment telling me which state or country you are reading from.
This delicious din is all cooked up in the same skillet. So super easy!
Change up the meat if you want something a little bit slimmer, remove the peppers if you don’t like spice and cater the toppings to your liking.
Enjoy! Thanks for reading!
One Pan Rice and Beans Taco Skillet
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- 1 bunch green onions sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper finely chopped (optional)
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice (white or brown)
- 1/2 cup water
- 15 oz. can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- lettuce and sour cream for topping, if desired
- In a skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink over medium heat. Remove cooked meat from skillet and drain most of the grease from the pan (do not clean). Add the green onions and jalapeños (if using) and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the corn, diced tomatoes, rice and water to the skillet. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, or until rice is cooked through. Add the cooked sausage and beans to the skillet and stir until heated through.
- Remove from heat and top with cheese and additional toppings (if desired). Serve warm!