There are only FIVE ingredients in these delicious, sugary little Snowball Cookies. They scream Christmas!
I’m here to deliver more Christmas cookies! This was the other creation that came from Alyssa’s and my afternoon of baking last Sunday. Like these Thumbprint Shortbread Cookies, this recipe requires only a few ingredients. The sugary deliciousness was off the charts!
In a large bowl, combine powdered sugar, butter and almond extract. Mix on medium speed until creamy.
Gradually add 2 1/2 cups of flour until combined.
Add 1 cup of chocolate chips.
Fold in the chocolate chips. Using your hands, roll the dough into 1-inch balls and roll in powdered sugar until coated (as displayed by the beautiful hand model below).
Place the balls onto parchment-lined baking sheets and bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Roll again in powdered sugar (twice, if you’re sugar fiends like us) and consume! YUM!
I may be back on before Christmas, but if not…MERRY CHRISTMAS! Wishing many blessings for all of you! Thank you for reading!
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Extra powdered sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, powdered sugar and almond extract. Mix on medium speed until creamy. Gradually add the flour until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using the palms of your hands, roll the dough into 1-inch balls and roll the balls in a small bowl of powdered sugar until coated. Place on prepared baking sheets and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and roll in the powdered sugar again until coated. Serve!