Add a touch of zing to your dinner pasta dish! Ready in 20 minutes!
Are you watching the Oscars tonight? We will be watching half-heartedly. We are never completely in the loop, as we are usually too tired to be, but it is fun to watch the glitz and glamour for an evening. On an unrelated note (because I totally lack glitz and glamour), I have some exciting things coming up on this blog! Insert cliffhanger.
This pasta skillet is very similar to one I made a few weeks ago. It was just as easy, with an added bite. Like the last one, it took only 20 minutes to prepare and 2 minutes to consume (insert shame..just a little).
Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add a package of frozen shrimp and cook until heated through and pink, approximately 4-5 minutes.
Add parsley, garlic and jalapeños.
Cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
Add paprika, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Add pasta and tomatoes.
Cook for another 3-4 minutes, or until heated through. Top with Parmesan cheese and ENJOY!
Have a great evening, Oscars or not, and enjoy your week! Thanks so much for being here!
Spicy Shrimp Pasta Skillet
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 12 oz. package frozen shrimp
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- 2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large tomatoes chopped (substitute: 2 cans diced tomatoes)
- 2-3 cups pasta (such as medium shells), cooked to al dente
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add frozen shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, until they are pink and heated through, approximately 4-5 minutes. Add parsley, garlic and jalapeños and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add paprika, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and pasta and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve!