Dinner has never been easier! NO PREP is required for this quick and delicious Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole. Simplify those busy week nights by adding this hearty meal to the dinner rotation!
My mom made a delicious Chicken Rice Casserole growing up that was one of my all-time favorite meals (still is). Not only is it ridiculously tasty, but I’m always amazed that rice, chicken and a few other ingredients can be thrown into a single dish (uncooked) and turn out perfectly.
That was my goal with this Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole, as well. Because prepping and pre-cooking requires time! And I know that the last thing you need is an extra step (or twelve) taking up your precious time.
This casserole is a life-saver, you guys. There is literally no prep involved. Throw all of the ingredients into the same dish and when you pull it out of the oven it will be absolutely perfectly cooked through. You’re welcome!
DO I NEED TO PRE-COOK THE CHICKEN AND RICE?
Nope! No pre-cooking is necessary whatsoever. Simply cut the uncooked chicken into bite-sized pieces and throw them into the pan. Add the rice uncooked, too!
CAN I USE FRESH BROCCOLI INSTEAD OF FROZEN BROCCOLI
Yes, absolutely. Using frozen broccoli is simply meant to save you a bit of time, but fresh is a great replacement. Use approximately 2 cups of small fresh florets to replace the package of frozen broccoli in the recipe. Both fresh and frozen taste great!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS DISH
The great thing about this meal is that it’s an all-in-one dish. You shouldn’t need anything on the side unless you want an extra helping of veggies such as Roasted Veggies or maybe some delicious steamed artichokes (make them in a pressure cooker for super quick and easy cooking!).
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN BROCCOLI RICE CASSEROLE HEALTHIER
There are a few things you can do to cut down on calories, salt and fat:
- Cut the amount of cheese used in the recipe in half.
- Use low-sodium chicken soup and chicken broth.
- Replace the white rice with brown rice. If you use brown rice instead of white, increase the amount of milk in the recipe to 3/4 cup and increase initial cooking time (while pan is covered) to 1 hour, 10 minutes.
If you make this casserole, please stop back to let me know how it turned out! Wishing you all a wonderful week and start to 2019. Thank you for being here!
Here are a few of my other favorite easy meals to simplify your life:
- Easy Beef Stroganoff
- Creamy Mushroom Chicken
- One Pan Roasted Chicken and Veggies
- Salisbury Steak
- Mexican Chicken Casserole a recipe shared by Mama Gourmand
- Lemon Thyme Chicken from Nourish and Fete
Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
- 10.5 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 15 oz. can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pound chicken breasts uncooked and cubed
- 14 oz. bag frozen baby broccoli florets no need to thaw
- 1 cup white rice uncooked
- 1 oz. packet dry onion soup mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the soup, broth and milk. Mix well and set aside.
- Add a single layer of chicken, followed by frozen broccoli and uncooked rice to the prepared pan. Pour the soup mixture over the top, ensuring the rice is covered by liquid. Sprinkle the dry onion soup mix evenly over the top and cover tightly with foil. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Remove foil, top with the cheese and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until rice is cooked through and cheese is melted. Serve immediately!