This Tomato Cucumber Chickpea Salad is super fresh and delicious. Great solo or as a side or filling for a wrap!
I accomplished a feat today that I thought could never happen. It’s a big one. Currently in my home, every dish AND every piece of laundry is washed and put away. The stars have aligned just this once and will likely never align again, starting at 3:22 p.m. I have hours to bask in the amazingness of this accomplishment.
ps. If you are unimpressed with the above paragraph, I may need to re-evaluate our friendship.
I told you I was on a roll with summer recipes. I made this tasty salad yesterday and also ate most of it yesterday. It is light and packed with flavor. I love the texture that the chickpeas offer, the crunch from the cucumber and the sweetness of the tomatoes.
This would be a great salad to bring to a summer party or just to have on hand throughout the week. Munch on it for lunch or even use it as a wrap filling.
I’m off to write threatening signs to anyone who attempts to use a dish or put clothing into the washing machine.
Tomato Cucumber Chickpea Salad
- 16 oz. can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 10.5 oz. container cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cucumber peeled, quartered and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 6 oz. container Feta cheese crumbles
- Juice from 1/2 of a lime
- 3 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.