Replace rice with this veggie-packed Cauliflower Mushroom Rice side dish. It’s easy to make and prepared in 15 minutes. Packed with flavor and texture plus this recipe also complies with the Whole30 program!
My husband’s body suddenly does not like gluten or grains or much of anything aside from vegetables and meat, which has given us the chance to get creative with side dishes. Roasted Sweet Potatoes is a recent favorite (and oh-my-gosh, have you tried sweet potato hash browns?!), but one can only make the same side for so many consecutive nights. I am so in love with this Cauliflower Mushroom Rice that I likely will never return to the real deal. The flavors! The texture! The splash of freshness! The fact that it is grain-free, dairy-free, sugar-free and gluten-free, making it 100% Whole30 compliant! Eeeeek!
I love the addition of cilantro, but I understand it is not a flavor that everyone loves. If this is YOU, fear not. Replace the cilantro with an equal amount of flat-leaf parsley and you’ll be in love. If my boys liked rice (can you believe they don’t like rice?), I’m convinced they would have no idea this side dish was comprised of 100% vegetables and herbs.
Hoping you are all having a great week!
Cauliflower Mushroom Rice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cups cauliflower finely chopped
- 3 cups mushrooms finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped (substitute with flat-leaf parsley, if desired)
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add cauliflower, mushrooms, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until veggies have softened.
- Remove from the heat, top with extra lime juice and serve immediately!