Almond Butter Banana Cookies are grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and sugar-free, making them perfect Whole 30 desserts. These are a great healthy snack or dessert option for both adults and kids!
Original post written 1/29/18 | Updated 3/6/19
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made from this page.
Hey, Day 15 and I’m on a quest for Whole 30 desserts. Part of me can’t believe I’ve made it this far on the Whole30 program, another part of me wonders what the heck I’m thinking and a different part of me feels amazing.
I flip between these three feelings throughout the day. According to what I’ve read, my sugar cravings should begin to subside soon. So far NO good on that.
I made these Almond Butter Banana Cookies a few days ago so I could get a teensy taste of that sweetness I love so much. Except there is zero added sugar in these babies. The cocoa gives these healthy cookies a chocolatey zing and the bananas and raisins give a boost to the sweetness.
Considering they are grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free AND sugar-free, they are pretty amazing. I mean. I’d rather eat all 75 cookies in Cookie Remix first, but these would definitely be number 76.
WHOLE 30 DESSERTS ARE EASY TO MAKE – WATCH THIS QUICK VIDEO TUTORIAL!
HOW TO MAKE ALMOND BUTTER BANANA COOKIES (DELISH WHOLE 30 DESSERTS)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. In a large mixing bowl (or bowl of stand mixer), combine the ripe mashed bananas, almond flour, almond butter and cocoa powder. Mix until combined. Stir in the raisins.
Drop batter by 1-tablespoon chunks onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!
- Swap the raisins out for a different dried fruit, but check the ingredients first to make sure no sugar has been added.
- Add chopped cashews, pistachio or macadamia nuts, if nuts are your thing. Avoid peanuts if you are following the Whole30 program. For a finely chopped nut, consider running them through a food processor before adding them to the batter.
- Applesauce (plain, with no sugar added!) or shredded apples or carrots would taste great in these, as well.
- Use ripe bananas for this recipe for best results.
- A sprinkling of sea salt would be a tasty addition to these cookies.
- If you are NOT trying to adhere to the Whole30 program, some chocolate chips would be a delicious sweet addition to this recipe.
- Adding a tablespoon of chia seeds to the recipe would be a deliciously healthy and good idea!
Promise me you won’t write these off at first glance, if you know what I mean.
CAN I REPLACE ALMOND BUTTER WITH PEANUT BUTTER
You can absolutely use almond butter and peanut butter interchangeably in cookie recipes. If you stick with creamy natural peanut butter, the two nut butters have very similar consistencies and also similar nutritional values. However! If you are sticking with the Whole30 program, stick with the almond butter (peanuts are not allowed)!
They taste way better than they look and if you are following the Whole30 program, I promise you will be happy to pop a few of these into your mouth when the sugar cravings hit. Especially if you have a sweet tooth like I do. This is a great recipe and I hope you love it as much as my boys and I do!
OTHER DELICIOUS HEALTHY COOKIE RECIPES
If you aren’t following a specific diet plan, but you’re looking for healthier cookies, check out my 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies!
If you are doing Whole30 or have done it recently, please leave a comment letting me know how it’s going or what your experience was with it.
LOW CARB RECIPES THAT ARE WHOLE30 COMPLIANT
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash – Cook spaghetti squash in your Instant Pot for an evenly-cooked squash in a fraction of the time it takes to prepare it in an oven! This healthy and easy recipe is a great side dish. Or use it in place of pasta and serve with spaghetti sauce!
- Sauteed Cabbage – Easy Sauteed Cabbage is the perfect quick and delicious side dish for any meal. Using only a few ingredients and taking 10 minutes of your time, you can’t go wrong with this super flavorful and affordable recipe!
- Egg Roll in a Bowl – Unleash the delicious egg roll! Enjoy the ingredients inside an egg roll minus the carbs and calories. This Egg Roll Bowl is great as an easy dinner or salad. Done in 20 minutes and supremely delicious!
- Cauliflower Mushroom Rice – Replace rice with this veggie-packed Cauliflower Mushroom Rice side dish. It’s easy to make and prepared in 15 minutes. Packed with flavor and texture plus this recipe also complies with the Whole30 program!
- Lemon Chicken Piccata – This is the tastiest Chicken Piccata recipe you’ll meet. The chicken is moist after lightly dusting in almond flour and baked in broth and lemons. Add a couple of capers for a vibrant, healthy addition. Not only is it DELICIOUS, it is also an easy meal to make and complies with the Whole30 meal program. Add this to your dinner rotation pronto!
- Healthy Burgers with Sweet Potato Buns – These delicious burgers are made healthy by using sweet potatoes instead of buns! They are Whole30 compliant and will satisfy your every dinner-table desire.
- Zoodles and Mushrooms – Turn veggies into a fun and healthy side dish by transforming zucchini into zoodles. Great way to disguise foods you know are good for you but aren’t your favorite to eat. These Sauteed Zoodles are Whole30 compliant and they’re a great complement to any meal.
HEALTHY FOODS FOR PICKY KIDS
Knowing you can help your kids get the nutrients they need in more than one form is what we want to help you accomplish! We’ve put together a list of delicious foods that our kids don’t see as healthy but allow them to enjoy eating their fruits and/or vegetables in a snack or breakfast item.
- Healthy Breakfast Cookies aren’t just for breakfast and they are deceptively delicious. Kids will never know how healthy they are!
- Homemade Fruit Roll-Ups – Eliminate artificial and unknown ingredients by making your own homemade fruit roll-ups! This is the ultimate snack food for kids. Great for lunch boxes, too!
- Healthy Breakfast Muffins – Enjoy breakfast the healthy way! Whip up a batch of these muffins as a perfect on-the-go meal or a snack to stay on track with healthy eating. These breakfast muffins are beyond delicious plus they’re packed with good stuff.
- No Bake Granola Bars – These Healthy No-Bake Chewy Granola Bars are the perfect snack for little ones. Filled with dried fruit and chocolate, peanut butter and honey, you will satisfy your sweet tooth with a snack you can feel good about eating. There is something comforting about knowing EXACTLY what goes into your kids’ bodies!
Almond Butter Banana Cookies (Whole30 Dessert)
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. In a large mixing bowl (or bowl of stand mixer), combine the bananas, almond flour, almond butter and cocoa. Mix until combined. Stir in the raisins.
- Drop batter by 1-tablespoon chunks onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!