Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole is a delicious combination of the tastiest flavors you will ever eat in a single bite. Bacon, chicken, creamy Alfredo sauce and pasta all make dinner a hit in less than 30 minutes!
Why This Recipe Works
I remember standing in Subway a few years ago, noticing a new sandwich on the menu. Chicken Bacon Ranch. It blew my mind. What a totally genius combination of flavors! I dove into that sandwich and have been in love with this food trio ever since.
It’s similar to my obsession with artichokes, mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes. Sometimes food just tastes so right together. Know what I mean?
So I set out to make a casserole using all of those scrumptious flavors. Because everyone loves a good, easy casserole! I had high expectations for this meal and the outcome was far tastier than I ever could have imagined.
My videographer and I stood in my kitchen after filming the video for this recipe and literally acted like farm animals standing at a trough. It was so insanely delicious that we could not stop ourselves from eating it.
This is a great family friendly, easy dinner to make for any meal. Everyone sitting at the table will love you and it’s done in less than 30 minutes!
How To Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
Make dinner a breeze with this 25-minute recipe! This is such a quick and easy way to enjoy chicken, bacon, ranch and alfredo sauce together on a single plate. It’s a food lover’s dream come true! This is a great weeknight meal and it is also the perfect dish to serve at a potluck or gathering of any kind.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and coat a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. Cook a 12-ounce box of Rotini pasta in boiling water until al dente. Drain and rinse the cooked pasta in cold water. Toss with a tablespoon of olive oil to keep from sticking together.
While the pasta is cooking, combine a 15-oz. jar of alfredo sauce and a packet of dry ranch seasoning mix in a medium bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
Layer the prepared casserole dish as follows: cooked pasta, shredded cooked chicken breast meat, alfredo mixture, Mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, cooked bacon pieces and fresh parsley. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until cheeses have completely melted. YUM!
- I use this trick ALL the time for recipes that call for shredded chicken. Pull the meat off a juicy Rotisserie chicken!
- This tip will send this dish into a new world of greatness, you guys. MAKE YOUR OWN ALFREDO SAUCE. It takes only a handful of ingredients and just a FEW MINUTES. This homemade sauce by far surpasses the jar version you’ll find at the grocery store.
- Replace the dry ranch dressing mix with 1/4 to 1/2 cup creamy dressing, if you’d like! Swap out the rotini pasta with another variety that you have on hand.
- Go big with the meat and add 1 pound of cooked bacon for an even heartier meal. Or add a 1/2 pound of cooked taco meat or ground beef.
- Replace the Mozzarella and cheddar with other varieties of melty cheeses. Good options include American, provolone, Gruyere and Fontina.
- Did you notice that there are no veggies in this dish? You can change that, if you’d like! Add up to 2 cups of fresh or frozen vegetables of your choice on top of the shredded chicken. Try broccoli florets, cauliflower, corn, peas or chopped bell peppers!
How To Freeze This Casserole
This is a great meal to freeze and enjoy at a later date. Assemble the layers in a tin baking dish as directed in the recipe card. Wrap tightly in foil and freeze for up to 3-4 months.
When you are ready to enjoy the meal, remove the pan from the freezer and allow it to thaw completely. The cook time will not differ greatly from the recipe card, but you may need to bake for an additional 5 minutes (25 total) if the ingredients are cold.
Delicious Side Dish Recipes
One thing this meal does not include is vegetables. If you are looking for the perfect veggie-packed side dish or salad to serve with this delicious dinner, consider making one of these recipes:
Uses For Rotisserie Chicken Meat
If you use meat from a Rotisserie chicken to make this recipe and have leftovers, there are endless possibilities for ways to use it up. I love loading up on Rotisseries chickens because I never lack ideas for how to eat the succulent meat. Here are just a few ideas to get you started!
- Shred the chicken and add it to your next wrap or salad.
- Add it to your next batch of chicken noodle soup!
- Use it in chicken enchiladas or this yummy chicken enchilada bake.
- CHICKEN BURRITO BOWLS! Chipotle style!
- Throw it into some cheesy quesadillas or even a grilled cheese sandwich!
Will you help add value to Pip and Ebby?
If you make this recipe and love it, stop back and give it a 5-star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment. THANK YOU!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole Recipe
- 12 oz rotini pasta
- 15 oz alfredo sauce
- 1 oz dry ranch dressing mix packet
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken 2-3 cups – recommend pulling from a rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Cook the pasta in boiling water until al dente; drain.
- In the meantime, combine the alfredo sauce and Ranch seasoning in a medium bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Layer the prepared baking dish as follows: pasta, chicken, alfredo mixture, cheeses, bacon and parsley. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until cheeses have completely melted.
I made this with the homemade alfredo sauce so start to finish it was just a few minutes longer than the expected time but worth it because I do not like bottled alfredo sauce. I threw my chicken breasts into the IP and cooked them, they shredded easy peasy! I skipped the Italian seasoning and actually forgot the ranch packet but hey, it was still super delicious! Perfect for a family dinner. I added some crusty bread on the side. We like our veggies raw so nothing added to the pasta.