Homemade Alfredo Sauce is super easy to make, done in under 10 minutes. Save yourself a trip to the store and also a little cash!
My love for making homemade sauces is growing hugely lately. Most savory sauces that you purchase in a can or a jar at the grocery store can be made at a fraction of the cost and in just a few minutes.
AND! Bonus! By making sauces yourself, you eliminate ingredients that you don’t wish to consume. My husband has been dealing with stomach issues for years and for whatever reason, his body does not like yeast. Do you know how many sauces and seasoning contain yeast? A lot.
I was super excited to make a homemade version of Alfredo Sauce because the ingredient list on the jar overwhelmed me and I just knew I could make a tastier version. Ohh-ho-ho was I right. This sauce is SO GOOD, people. SO good.
It is creamy and rich and for a week straight I poured it all over everything. I was an alfredo sauce addict. If you have a few spare minutes, please give this recipe a try. You’ll be hooked, too! In my humble opinion, this version rivals the famous Olive Garden version. <—-MASSIVE CLAIM!
WATCH THIS QUICK VIDEO TO SEE HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN JAR!
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE AFREDO SAUCE IN JUST A FEW MINUTES!
This is a delicious white cream sauce you can enjoy so many ways!
In a medium saucepan, melt butter, heavy whipping cream and cream cheese over medium heat. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 2 minutes and add the minced garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Whisk the mixture until it is creamy. Add to your favorite dish immediately or let cool and pour into sealed containers.
HOW TO STORE AND FREEZE HOMEMADE ALFREDO SAUCE
Store alfredo sauce in sealed containers in the fridge for up to 5 days. To extend the shelf life of this delicious sauce, freeze it! Pour it into a tightly sealed container or doubled up resealable freezer bags.
Keep frozen for up to 4 months. When you are ready to use it, allow it to thaw completely and reheat on the stove top or in the microwave. Either way, whisk vigorously until warmed through and creamy.
I looooooove garlic, you guys, and personally feel like you could add garlic in larger quantities if that is your thing. If you are not a massive garlic lover like myself, keep the recipe as it is!However, if you love garlic, use 3 or 4 cloves instead of the 2 cloves listed in the recipe card.
If at all possible, use fresh Parmesan cheese! I know it’s so easy to open that green bottle from the fridge, but the flavor will be greatly enhanced when you go fresh. Purchase a wedge of Parmesan cheese and grate it. Don’t let it sit long before you add the Parmesan to the recipe.
RECIPE IDEAS FOR USING HOMEMADE ALFREDO SAUCE
Replace pizza sauce with alfredo sauce on your next pizza!
Dip breadsticks or garlic bread into it. YUM!
Chicken Alfredo, of course.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole (best. casserole. ever.)
Heat it up and pour it over your favorite pasta!
Add it to your next batch of scalloped potatoes!
Mix it with cooked spaghetti squash for a healthier version of fettuccine alfredo.
OTHER FAVORITE HOMEMADE SAUCES!
There are so many sauces and condiments you can make in your kitchen that will blow your mind. Control the ingredients that go into your recipes by making these yummy sauces all by yourself!
- This comes together in minutes and Homemade Taco Seasoning has ingredients in it that are probably sitting in your pantry!
- This Homemade Spaghetti Sauce is easy, meaty and hearty.
- Make your own Homemade Taco Sauce for tacos, burritos and taco salads!
- This healthy treat – Hummus without Tahini – comes together in just 10 minutes and has lots of lemon and garlic.
- This Homemade Enchilada Sauce requires a handful of ingredients and just 15 minutes.
- Homemade Pizza Sauce is loaded with flavor and goes well with any ingredients you like.
- You can make Homemade Buttermilk with two ingredients and 5 quick minutes
Anyone who loves alfredo will ADORE this recipe! I’m excited to hear how you use it. Please leave me a comment and tell me all about it. I love this recipe to pieces and hope you do, too!
Homemade Alfredo Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter cut in chunks
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese grated
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter, heavy cream and cream cheese over medium heat. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer. Simmer for 2 minutes and add the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and Parmesan.
- Whisk until mixture is creamy. Add to favorite dish or let cool and pour into sealed containers.