These Chocolate Kiss Cream Cheese Cookies are a great dessert for gatherings any time of the year. They are light, creamy and sugary, with just the perfect kiss of milk chocolate!
I am genuinely sad this morning. For the first time possibly ever, I hated saying good-bye to winter break. Typically over winter break we travel or we host guests and I’m exhausted by the end of it. But this year we did neither and I felt replenished. We spent our days inside because of the raging, ridiculous, biting cold temps. I was intentional about the time I spent on my computer, which allowed for tons of quality time with my cuties. We played games, we read books, we watched movies, we snuggled and talked and thoroughly enjoyed each other. So here I am, starting off 2018 wistful yet feeling so full and blessed. I truly hope you all feel the same!
Ok, so I’ve decided to eliminate some things from my diet this month, but in steps. I’m going to be taking a break from sugar starting in a few weeks (maybe), but in the meantime I plan to continue going crazy with baking. These Chocolate Kiss Cream Cheese Cookies are sadly long gone, but they were sooo cute and yummy. And super easy to make. I love the creamy twist that the cream cheese adds and the kiss of milk chocolate is perfection. These are great for holiday or winter baking, yes, but they would be a great dessert option any time of the year.
Thank you so much for being here, friends. I’m so grateful for you! Here’s to a delicious and wonderful 2018!
Chocolate Kiss Cream Cheese Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened (1 stick)
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar for rolling
- 42 milk chocolate kiss candies unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line three baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer), combine the butter, cream cheese, sugar, egg and almond extract and beat on medium speed until creamy and free of lumps.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Gradually add to the butter mixture and beat on medium speed until just combined.
- Add the confectioner’s sugar to a small bowl. Scoop out tablespoon-size chunks of batter and form balls using your hands. Roll balls in powdered sugar to coat completely. Place onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden around edges. Immediately press a kiss into the center of each cookie.