Crispy Kale and Garbanzo Bean Salad is a great lunch any day of the week. Or double the recipe and serve it at your next gathering. The different textures and bold flavors make this salad a keeper!
If you’ve been reading for a while, you know how much I love salads. They are one of my specialties and I love experimenting with different veggies and dressings. I occasionally get stuck on (obsessed with) a salad and stop thinking of other possibilities. My Edamame Tomato Corn Salad is one of my all-time faves and it’s hard not to default to it every time I crave salad. Yesterday I was craving a good lunch salad but wanted something a little bit different. Crispy kale and garbanzo beans popped into my head, thankfully, because they added the most delicious texture and flavor to this little beauty!
Ok, the dressing? I confess that I was haphazard about throwing it together and I wasn’t sure how it would taste, but WOW! It is killer good and I will be making it often. If you don’t love spice, omit the sriracha altogether, but I highly recommend at least trying it.
This salad comes together quickly for a lunch any day of the week. It would also be a beautiful and yummy dish to serve at a party, but double the recipe if you go that route!
One of these days spring will actually arrive and I’ll feel like “salad season” is here. I’m super excited to get these favorites in my tummy: Loaded Veggie Salad with Chickpeas and Black Beans, Healthy Lunch Bowl and Southwest Chicken Salad. I have too many favorites to list!
Enjoy this Crispy Kale and Garbanzo Bean Salad, my friends. Happy hump day!
Crispy Kale Garbanzo Bean Salad
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 15 oz. garbanzo beans drained
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 3 packed cups kale stems discarded, small pieces
- 10.5 oz. cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tbsp. sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- Heat the olive in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garbanzo beans and sprinkle the paprika, salt and pepper over them. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until beans start to crisp (be careful not to overcook or they will get mushy). Add the kale pieces to the skillet (sprinkle with additional paprika, if desired) and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until kale becomes nice and crispy.
- Pour the beans and kale mixture into a serving bowl, along with the tomatoes, avocado and red onion.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, sriracha, vinegar, olive oil and cumin. Mix well and drizzle over the salad. Toss and serve!