Fiesta Lime Chicken requires only 7 ingredients and it is done in less than 30 minutes! It is a colorful, flavorful dinner that everyone will love.
Original post: June 2016 | Updated: July 2020
I’m in love with colorful food because colorful usually means flavorful. This Fiesta Lime Chicken definitely fits the bill with both of these descriptions. It is also packed with texture, crunch and as much spice as you desire.
This dish is perfect for dinner any day of the week and it’s also a great option for feeding guests. You’ll only need SEVEN ingredients to get started and dinner will be done in under 30 minutes. It’s a delicious miracle and better than Applebees famous recipe!
HOW TO MAKE FIESTA LIME CHICKEN
Light a grill over medium heat. Cook the chicken for 7 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Prepare rice according to package directions.
In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, bell peppers, red onion and lime juice. Mix well and set aside.
Layer each plate as follows: 2 large spoonfuls rice, 1 grilled chicken breast, 1/4 cup pepper jack cheese and 2 spoonfuls veggie mixture. Serve immediately!
- Add tortilla strips to the top just before serving for extra crunch!
- Add a few splashes of hot sauce to the tomato mixture for extra kick.
- Other topping ideas: sour cream, lime wedges, cilantro, pico de gallo, salsa and shredded cheese.
- We highly recommend using Spanish rice for this recipe!
HOW MANY CALORIES IN A CHICKEN BREAST
There are approximately 90 calories in one chicken breast.
HOW MUCH PROTEIN IN CHICKEN BREAST
There are approximately 16 grams of protein in one chicken breast.
HOW MANY CARBS IN CHICKEN BREAST
There are 0 grams of carbohydrates in one chicken breast.
HOW TO SELECT A PERFECTLY RIPE LIME
I have limes on hand all the time because their delicious juice goes great with so many different foods. Fresh lime juice spruces up salad, chicken, all different types of beverages and so many other things.
When selecting limes at the grocery store, look for these attributes to make sure you are getting the juiciest, ripest ones:
First, smell the lime. Go ahead, put it right up to your nose and smell for a strong limey scent. The stronger the scent of lime, the riper the fruit will be.
The darker green limes are typically riper and juicier, as well. The exception to this is if you are purchasing key limes.
Key limes are smaller in size and have a more concentrated flavor and are typically used to make key lime pie or key lime cookies. With key limes, a yellow color indicates ripeness instead of a green color.
The heavier the lime feels in your hands, the more juice is hiding inside!
Gently squeeze it in your hands. The more give a lime has, the juicier it’ll be. If it is too squishy it may be past its prime, so be sure it doesn’t give too much.
OTHER GRILLED RECIPES TO ENJOY!
- Grilled Cabbage Steaks are a simple, delicious grilled side dish option.
- Kabobs are a perfect summer meal. Make this Grilled Steak and Mushroom Kabob recipe for covered in a delicious marinade and serve them for dinner or to share at a party!
- Sweet and savory makes this Grilled Peaches, Brie and Cherry Jam a next level burger to enjoy!
- There’s no better way to enjoy summer than with Grilled BBQ Chicken! Cook chicken slowly on the grill for tender, juicy meat that tastes amazing when slathered with your favorite BBQ sauce. Great for lazy summer days or large cookouts.
- These steak bites are the perfect party food, main dinner meat or appetizer. They are beyond easy to make and turn out tender and delicious every single time. Cook them on the grill or stovetop!
MORE DELICIOUS CHICKEN RECIPES
I like to buy bulk chicken packs at Costco – both chicken breasts and thighs work. It’s affordable and so versatile for cooking! Here’s some great ways to put that chicken to use.
- Chicken Rice Bake is made in one pan and packed with delicious flavor. This easy dinner is packed with a variety of textures and it is the perfect family dinner to make any night of the week.
- Grilled Chicken and Veggies in Foil – This Whole30 Grilled Chicken and Veggies is the easiest and healthiest summer grilling recipe! Throw a few ingredients into a piece of foil and throw it on the grill.
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken – You need to try this mixture on a bun because it’s an addicting and delicious lunch or dinner option that everyone will enjoy. Great weeknight meal AND the perfect party food!
- One-Pan Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole – Dinner has never been easier! NO PREP is required for this quick and delicious Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole.
- Easy Classic Chicken Alfredo is the perfect dinner recipe for busy nights. Done in 30 minutes and made in a single pan, everyone at the table will love this comforting dish!
- A perfect weeknight dinner, this Instant Pot Chicken and Rice recipe boasts flavor, veggies and rice all in one dish. Kids and adults love it!
Fiesta Lime Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts fat trimmed
- 2 cups Spanish rice
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- Light a grill over medium heat. Cook the chicken for 7 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Prepare rice according to package directions.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, bell peppers, red onion and lime juice. Mix well and set aside.
- Layer as follows on each plate when ready to serve: 2 large spoonfuls rice, 1 cooked chicken breast, 1/4 cup pepper jack cheese and 2 spoonfuls veggie mixture. Serve immediately!
I made this last night from your post and it was amazing!! I"m not a huge peppers and onions fan but I even ate those – it was so good and flavorful! Added to my favorites in pinterest!
YAYy, Jenn! Glad you loved it! This is one of my new favorites. Thanks for the comment!