Grilled chicken and veggies in foil is a super easy and summer dinner recipe! Done in under 30 minutes!
Original post: July 2016 | Updated: August 2020
Easy meals are always a necessity for me, but now that summer is here they are more important than ever. We make only the easiest of meals in the summer months. Grilled Chicken and Veggies cooked in foil is one of our go-to meals this season.
Grilled chicken and vegetables is an easy, healthy recipe to make on any summer night. This recipe is also perfect for camping excursions and also for meal prep and planning.
HOW TO MAKE GRILLED CHICKEN AND VEGGIES IN FOIL
Light a grill over medium heat. Spray two large pieces of aluminum foil with cooking spray.
Place 1 chicken breast and an assortment of fresh, cut veggies into the center of each piece of foil. Do not exceed 1 1/2 cups vegetables per foil packet.
Drizzle olive oil over the tops along with a squirt of lemon juice and sprinkling of salt and pepper.
Cinch the aluminum foil closed and cook on the lighted grill for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve immediately!
RECIPE NOTES FOR GRILLED CHICKEN AND VEGGIES IN FOIL
- Veggie options: cherry tomatoes, carrot chunks, green beans, bell peppers, zucchini, asparagus or onions (green, yellow or red).
- Stick a meat thermometer into the center of the chicken breast to determine doneness. Internal temp should read at least 165 degrees F.
- Potatoes can be added to foil packets, but cooking time should be increased by 5 minutes.
- This is a great meal to make for lazy summer nights on the back deck or camping.
- Use boneless skinless chicken breasts for this recipe.
- There’s no need to flip the packet, as the foil will trap in heat and steam ensuring the chicken gets fully cooked.
HOW MANY CALORIES IN A CHICKEN BREAST
There are approximately 90 calories in one chicken breast.
HOW MUCH PROTEIN IN CHICKEN BREAST
There are approximately 16 grams of protein in one chicken breast.
HOW MANY CARBS IN CHICKEN BREAST
There are 0 grams of carbohydrates in one chicken breast.
USES FOR CHICKEN MEAT
If you have leftover chicken after making these foil packets, consider using the cooked meat in any of the following ways:
- Shred the chicken and add it to your next wrap or salad.
- Add it to your next batch of chicken noodle soup!
- Use it in chicken enchiladas or this yummy chicken enchilada bake.
- CHICKEN BURRITO BOWLS! Chipotle style!
- Throw it into some cheesy quesadillas or even a grilled cheese sandwich!
OTHER DELICIOUS CHICKEN RECIPES
I purchase bulk chicken packs at Costco – both chicken breasts and thighs work. Here are some great ways to put that chicken to use.
- Chicken Rice Bake is made in one pan and packed with delicious flavor. This easy dinner is packed with a variety of textures and it is the perfect family dinner to make any night of the week. Guaranteed to become a favorite!
- Artichoke Chicken Rice Skillet is the PERFECT, easy weeknight dinner. With the saltiness of green olives and some swiss cheese mixed in, this skillet recipe has all the flavors! It has a great texture and this tasty meal will not disappoint!
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken – This is an addicting and delicious lunch or dinner option that everyone will enjoy. Great weeknight meal AND the perfect party food!
- Dinner has never been easier! NO PREP is required for this quick and delicious One-Pan Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole. Simplify those busy weeknights by adding this hearty meal to the dinner rotation!
- Easy Classic Chicken Alfredo is the perfect dinner recipe for busy nights. Done in 30 minutes and made in a single pan, everyone at the table will love this comforting dish!
- This is the tastiest Lemon Chicken Piccata recipe you’ll meet. Add a couple of capers for a vibrant, healthy addition. Add this to your dinner rotation pronto!
- This One-Pan Roasted Chicken dinner is a win-win. It is easy to prepare and it is packed with flavor. It contains tons of veggies, savory chicken and a delicious combination of textures. Great meal for busy weeknights!