Transform Chicken Fajitas into a delicious, savory soup that will quickly become a family favorite! Mix and match vegetables to your liking! Chicken Fajita Soup is great served for family dinner or as a party food at larger gatherings.
My boys and I are back from spending a few days in sunny Florida. It was lovely. The weather and the experiences. Here we go, back to reality. This yummy Chicken Fajita Soup is long gone (booo) but another batch will be happening again in my kitchen very soon.
The thing I love most about this Chicken Fajita Soup is that it can be catered to so many different diets. Depending on the toppings you use, it can be gluten-free and dairy-free. Omit the chicken and swap out chicken broth for vegetable broth to make it vegan. And if you want to go crazy (hand raised), add it all!
This Chicken Fajita Soup is great as a family meal or served at a larger gathering. Place a variety of topping options in bowls (extra cilantro, shredded cheese, sour cream, crushed tortilla chips, extra peppers) and let your family members or guests go crazy!
I used yellow and orange bell peppers in this batch to make it as pretty as possible, but feel free to use any variety. Also, omit the jalapenos for a milder soup.
Wishing you all the most wonderful Thanksgiving week! May food prep and family time and everything else be smooth, delicious and fruitful. I’m so thankful for every single one of you!
How To Add Flavor To Soup
Check out these tips to learn how to add flavor to your next batch of soup!
What To Serve With Soup
Soup is an easy, comforting meal to prepare for dinner any time of the year. But what do you serve alongside it? Click over for 33 delicious ideas about what to serve with soup.
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita Soup
- Slow Cooker
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 bell peppers any color, seeded and chopped
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers finely chopped
- 1 red onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 15 oz. black beans drained and rinsed
- 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn or 1 can
- 16 oz. salsa
- 48 oz. chicken broth
- 1.25 oz. fajita seasoning mix 1 packet
- 2 cups chicken cooked, shredded; recommendation: pull meat from a Rotisserie chicken
- Sour cream, crushed tortilla chips, extra cilantro and shredded cheddar for topping (all optional)
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add bell peppers, jalapenos, onion, garlic, cilantro, cayenne, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until veggies are soft and fragrant.
- Pour contents of skillet into a 6-quart slow cooker, along with beans, tomatoes, corn, salsa, chicken broth and seasoning. Mix well and cook on LOW heat for 8 hours or HIGH heat for 4 hours. Thirty minutes before soup is done, add the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Ladle into bowls and top with sour cream, crushed tortilla chips, extra cilantro and cheese, if desired.
4 hrs (HIGH) or 8 hrs (LOW).