This salad is PACKED with super foods! Kiwi, oranges, black beans, kale, avocados…can it get any better?! And delicious to boot! Omit the beans to make this a Whole30 recipe!
We got a thick blanket of snow overnight and I am loving it. I might sing a different tune a few months from now, but it’s so pretty out there and the cold is exhilarating. I promised my boys some snow play time after school today, so I am getting geared up for forts and snowmen!
Speaking of pretty, could a salad be any prettier than this one? Well, this one or this one might give it a run for its money. This Superfood Salad is PACKED with nutrients and vitamins, which will cause your brain and body to sing you a song of thanks. Next time I make it, I may try to pack in even more super foods. Blueberries? Salmon? Walnuts? Grilled Chicken?
I made this superfood-packed salad on Monday and between Dan and I we had it polished off by Tuesday afternoon. It was an enormous score and was devoured with ZERO guilt.
The Orange Herb Vinaigrette dressing even comes with a no-guilt tag. I made it on the chunkier side intentionally. The fresh herbs and green onions add a nice touch of flavor to the salad.
So you have pretty much just found the perfect salad. It is nutrient-dense AND delicious. Enjoy! Have a great rest of your week! Check out some other killer salads here!
Superfood Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
- 4 cups mixed greens rinsed
- 2 cups kale chopped, rinsed
- 15 oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and chopped
- 10.5 oz. container of cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 4 kiwis peeled and chopped
- 1 orange peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 green onions thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 2-3 tbsp. fresh chopped herbs (flat-leaf parsley, basil and chives are great options!)
- In a large bowl, toss together greens, kale, black beans, avocado, tomatoes, kiwis and oranges. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, orange juice, onions and herbs. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, drizzle the dressing over the salad and gently toss.