You will enjoy every morsel of these Blueberry Chocolate Chip Pancakes. This pancake breakfast is perfect, perfect for feeding hungry tummies.
Did you know that it is Pancake Week? I didn’t. I rarely to never make pancakes, and I happened to do so on Pancake Week. How odd! I wanted to make a special breakfast-y meal for Elijah on his birthday, so I figured I couldn’t go wrong combining chocolate, blueberries and pancakes.
They were super tasty! This recipe made a huge batch, so we have been eating pancakes for breakfast all week. On Pancake Week! Again, odd.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP BLUEBERRY BUTTERMILK PANCAKES
Make a batch of pancakes to eat now and freeze some for later!
In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients: 3 cups all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 2 teaspoons baking soda and 1 teaspoon salt.
In a large bowl, combine: 3 cups buttermilk, 3 eggs, 1/2 cup melter butter, then add the flour mixture to the batter and stir until just combined.
COOKING TIP: Please do not over-mix!
Then add: 1 cup fresh blueberries and 1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips to the batter. Stir carefully, just until combined.
Heat a skillet over medium-low heat and spray it with cooking spray. Use a 3/4-cup measuring cup to scoop the pancake batter onto the hot skillet. The batter will be very thick, so use the back of a spoon to shape each pancake into a circle (or whichever shape you wish).
When bubbles begin to form, flip the pancake with a spatula and cook until the batter is no longer runny. I actually had to perform the toothpick test on a few of these due to major fluffiness.
Serve warm, with butter and maple syrup!
The great thing about this recipe is that you can add and subtract filler ingredients to tailor to your liking.
- Omit the chocolate chips and blueberries for a more fluffy buttermilk pancake recipe
- Replace the chips and berries with apple slices, bananas or toffee bits.
MAKING BUTTERMILK AT HOME
If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, make your own by combining 1 cup of milk with EITHER 1 tablespoon of lemon juice OR 1 tablespoon of white vinegar. Mix well and let sit for 5-10 minutes, or until small curdles stick to a spoon.
WATCH THIS QUICK VIDEO TUTORIAL SHOWING YOU HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE BUTTERMILK
Enjoy the step-by-step video tutorial we have created for this recipe! Our goal is to make your time in the kitchen as easy as possible and to ensure that your version of this recipe is a success. See our full collection of cooking and baking videos on YouTube!
Happy Pancake Week!
ADDITIONAL BREAKFAST RECIPES TO ENJOY
- Easy Homemade No Yeast Bagels
- Best Ever Blueberry Muffins
- Breakfast Pizza
- Christmas Morning Breakfast Casserole
I can’t go without sharing the photo of me eating my “staging” plate. 🙂
Chocolate Chip Blueberry Pancakes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs and butter.
- Add the flour mixture to the batter and stir until just combined. Do not over mix. Carefully stir in the blueberries and chocolate chips until just combined.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat and spray with cooking spray. Use a 3/4 measuring cup to scoop the pancake batter onto the hot skillet. The batter will be thick, so use the back of the spoon to shape into a circle.
- When bubbles start to form, flip the pancake with a spatula and let the other side cook until cooked all the way through. Serve warm, with butter and syrup.